• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: My Plan B

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My Plan B"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    I know every engineer on every train
    All of their children, and all of their names
    And every handout in every town
    And every lock that ain't locked
    When no one's around.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    It could tell the story of how, as a sad, sickly, lonely and unpopular child he got into Trainspotting after meeting a confirmed bachelor of a similar background hanging around the children on deserted railway platforms.

He could call the book "Up the Junction".

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I suspect somehow, that must be a completely new definition of "fascinating" that I've never previously encountered.
    It's the definition provided by the Terribly Uninteresting Reader's Dictionary (TURD).

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Bit of a mouthful that.

gricer's new sig is a bit disturbing.
    Resistance is futile

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    In an earlier thread I alluded to my having being working on the proof of concept for my plan B
    Bit of a mouthful that.

gricer's new sig is a bit disturbing.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Nazi trainspotters? There could be a book in that.
    According to Gricer, it's not a nazi salute, it's the practice of signalling to the driver to 'give it some clag'.

Fascinating.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Nazi trainspotters? There could be a book in that.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Peak Army? You'll have to elaborate. I could Google it but I can't be arsed.
    First response on google picture search;

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Peak Army? You'll have to elaborate. I could Google it but I can't be arsed.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    SAS give it up you cock
    Whoever it is, we should encourage them. These gricer posts must take some time to write, which reduces his time to post a greater number of posts.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    bollocks
    SAS give it up you cock

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I'm always more likely to pick up a book with fresh ideas.
    Do you mean MacBook?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I'm always more likely to pick up a book with fresh ideas.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Why have you specified French as the UI language (hl=fr) in the link? Do you usually use google.co.uk in French? Why not google.fr?
    That's because his sockie master had to use UK proxy.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Why have you specified French as the UI language (hl=fr) in the link? Do you usually use google.co.uk in French? Why not google.fr?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X