• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "When Tom Hanks' character in the Green Mile got a urinary track infection..."

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Zero sympathy. You try weeing after childbirth.
    That might require major structural modifications

Having had a UTI many years ago, I have nothing but sympathy. The simile "like pissing razor blades" is entirely accurate

Then again, evolution does seem to have worked in such a way that women have to put up with a lot more torment of that ilk than men. It's probably due to women being strong and surviving despite having to endure tremendous agony as part and parcel of being alive and fulfilling their biological imperative, whereas men are a bunch of wimps who crumple and succumb to the mildest twinge (e.g. "I've got flu" when the merest hint of a cold strikes).

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Having two kids, I have to disagree, it was perfectly fine.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I thought I would pass on the message so your woman knows I'm safe again.
    He's back on the market ladies. Watch out!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Keeping yourself well hydrated means you have to pee more often, but it hurts considerably less.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    One can only imagine what that poor woman has to put up with night after night. Hardly a catch are you RC?
    C'mon on, cheer up. I was only pulling your plonker. (With rubber gloves on, admittedly.)

You should be a happy bunny now your baby-maker has a certificate of cleanliness.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    One can only imagine what that poor woman has to put up with night after night. Hardly a catch are you RC?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    The state of your manky muck-chucker has never been far from all our thoughts, I'm sure.
    I thought I would pass on the message so your woman knows I'm safe again.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Just had the piss tested. Seems to be OK, no white cells.
    Well, super.

Lovely.

Great.

Thanks for the update.

We've been worried.

The state of your manky muck-chucker has never been far from all our thoughts, I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Green Mile was a great film. Be honest, you are hoping for a huge black guy to come along and squeeze it better.
    Just had the piss tested. Seems to be OK, no white cells.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Green Mile was a great film. Be honest, you are hoping for a huge black guy to come along and squeeze it better.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    The 'sonic screwdriver' has been applied?
    You mean the boulder buster?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    *gets to drinks cabinet*

*pours a massive medicinal whisky*
    The 'sonic screwdriver' has been applied?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    *gets to drinks cabinet*

*pours a massive medicinal whisky*

Leave a comment:

• Iron Condor
    replied
    ...I thought he must have overplayed it. "nothing can be as sore as that, it is just an infection"

Tom, you deserve those Oscars.

Had a bit of a sore lower tum since I came back from Bali where I had a few days of the squirts and a few burning pees. Things came to a head tonight when I went out for a quick beer in the pub. Went off for a quick wizz.

Thank God nobody was in or came in when I was at the toilet, it's not a good thing to be at a rough Glasgow pub urinal with the knees half bent, quivering, face you should only keep for the bedroom, mumbling in a high pitch "oh Jesus, oh Jesus".

A sanded pipe cleaner and a vinegar piss come to mind.

Got up the road and the girly asked me to pee on a stick. Urinary track infection diagnosed, straight on antibiotics.

Put me off my beer now.

Can also try D-Mannose tablets

Sweet Cures Waterfall D-Mannose 50 x 1g Tablets: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

D-Mannose is a special tree bark sugar that flushes out the e-coli, which is the most common type of bacteria that causes UTI (There are other bacteria types but they less common).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X