• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Scottish Nationalists or Muslims?"

Collapse

• BdP
    replied
    Originally posted by manclarky View Post
    Annoyingly, his obiturary ends with a half-finished sentence (If it were not for....), implying something terrible (other than dying) happened.....does anyone know?

FT.com - Special Reports / Nico Colchester

I will have to check Wikipedia
    According to Obituary: Nico Colchester - Obituaries, News - The Independent it appears old Nico took the final taxi after collapsing after a training run.

Leave a comment:

• manclarky
    replied
    Originally posted by BdP View Post
    Ting is, poor Nico pegged out many years ago. I wonder if his diet was to blame...
    Annoyingly, his obiturary ends with a half-finished sentence (If it were not for....), implying something terrible (other than dying) happened.....does anyone know?

I will have to check Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• TiroFijo
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    One lot wear skirts around their waists, the others on their heads & you can't understand a bloody word either says.

50/50 I reckon.
    Better wearing a 'skirt' than running around doing morris dancing...

Leave a comment:

• BdP
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Mars bars make a good alternative currency, and unlike gold, you can eat them.

In my own effort to regain my financial bearings I have become increasingly addicted to the Mars Bar. The Mars Bar is a currency for our time: it is a long-established basket of staple commodities (cocoa, vegetable fats, milk solids, sugar) packaged with great consistency in the form of an ingot. As such it is a reliable unit of account certainly more reliable than gold, which is prone to speculation and it preserves a remarkably constant real value. I have measured my wealth in Mars Bars since an early age, though the motive for doing so has changed.
    Ting is, poor Nico pegged out many years ago. I wonder if his diet was to blame...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BdP View Post
    I was working at Mars, many years back, when news came to us that the short, ginger folk north of Berwick were selling deep-fried Mars Bars in their chip shops. We got a box of freshly minted MB's off the production line, and got a chippy in Slough to deep fry them for us, purely as a testing exercise.

They were gorgeous.
    Mars bars make a good alternative currency, and unlike gold, you can eat them.

In my own effort to regain my financial bearings I have become increasingly addicted to the Mars Bar. The Mars Bar is a currency for our time: it is a long-established basket of staple commodities (cocoa, vegetable fats, milk solids, sugar) packaged with great consistency in the form of an ingot. As such it is a reliable unit of account certainly more reliable than gold, which is prone to speculation and it preserves a remarkably constant real value. I have measured my wealth in Mars Bars since an early age, though the motive for doing so has changed.

Leave a comment:

• BdP
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I heard someone tried to deep fry a Christmas cake.
    I was working at Mars, many years back, when news came to us that the short, ginger folk north of Berwick were selling deep-fried Mars Bars in their chip shops. We got a box of freshly minted MB's off the production line, and got a chippy in Slough to deep fry them for us, purely as a testing exercise.

They were gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Strange I heard it was someone from Dumbarton with too much curry.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I heard someone tried to deep fry a Christmas cake.

Leave a comment:

• BdP
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I always advise those visiting Jockshire to watch out for the evil, ugly, violent, prevalent, dangerous blood-sucking parasites. The midges can be quite bad, too.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Perhaps it was the real sound a tree makes when its falling and it thought that there was nobody around to hear it!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Daily Mail readers exploding from indignation.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 19 November 2010, 13:25. Reason: text unnecessary

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Gotta love the Wail's take on it though.
    How times have changed. One of my schoolmates was responsible for many a loud bang during his teens, and it was taken for granted that this was the sort of thing young lads with curious minds get up to.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    indeed..

Bombs detonating in Scotland - these extremists must be found and brought to the attention of the government so that they can be paid any compensation for loss of materials.
    I think they call it benefits...

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X