• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Nationalists or Muslims?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Mars bars make a good alternative currency, and unlike gold, you can eat them.

FT.com - Special Reports / Nico Colchester

In my own effort to regain my financial bearings I have become increasingly addicted to the Mars Bar. The Mars Bar is a currency for our time: it is a long-established basket of staple commodities (cocoa, vegetable fats, milk solids, sugar) packaged with great consistency in the form of an ingot. As such it is a reliable unit of account certainly more reliable than gold, which is prone to speculation and it preserves a remarkably constant real value. I have measured my wealth in Mars Bars since an early age, though the motive for doing so has changed.
    Ting is, poor Nico pegged out many years ago. I wonder if his diet was to blame...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      One lot wear skirts around their waists, the others on their heads & you can't understand a bloody word either says.

50/50 I reckon.
      Better wearing a 'skirt' than running around doing morris dancing...

Comment

Originally posted by BdP View Post
        Ting is, poor Nico pegged out many years ago. I wonder if his diet was to blame...
        Annoyingly, his obiturary ends with a half-finished sentence (If it were not for....), implying something terrible (other than dying) happened.....does anyone know?

I will have to check Wikipedia
        And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

Originally posted by manclarky View Post
          Annoyingly, his obiturary ends with a half-finished sentence (If it were not for....), implying something terrible (other than dying) happened.....does anyone know?

I will have to check Wikipedia
          According to Obituary: Nico Colchester - Obituaries, News - The Independent it appears old Nico took the final taxi after collapsing after a training run.

Comment

Working...
          X