• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Newbie here

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Newbie here"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Your logic is lacking. I suspect MP is in her 30's.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Doh. I was going to see if he believed me.
    Your cover is blown, too late now.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Unfortunately if it was that easy to spot sockie owners we'd have already taken their points off them.
    eh, hang on a minute.

not only are we talking about someone who thinks its fun to flame and troll a forum, but also someone who worries about something daft like a post-count ??
    a double-mong

there cant be THAT many on here , can there ?
    ....................can there ?
    ok, maybe there is a slight flaw in my reasoning

hic

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    If the rampant sockpuppetry was stopped then maybe the genuine new posters wouldn't be drowned out or just be totally put off from posting on CUK.

One reason I've barely posted on or even visited CUK for the last 8 months is because of the endless trolling sockies. Yes I realise that's a red rag to a bull for yet more output from the sockie creators.

As I said on another thread if the puppet masters had their main account postcounts reset to zero maybe it would stop a few of them as that would give their bloated egos a bit of a kicking.
    Unfortunately if it was that easy to spot sockie owners we'd have already taken their points off them.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    although we didnt chat, Farewell Mongo
    true, you are a bit of a drongo
    but also like a mayfly

I dont mean you lasted a day
    you were a buzzing ,nay
    a flapping high pitched noise

annoying all the boyz

hic

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    If the rampant sockpuppetry was stopped then maybe the genuine new posters wouldn't be drowned out or just be totally put off from posting on CUK.

One reason I've barely posted on or even visited CUK for the last 8 months is because of the endless trolling sockies. Yes I realise that's a red rag to a bull for yet more output from the sockie creators.

As I said on another thread if the puppet masters had their main account postcounts reset to zero maybe it would stop a few of them as that would give their bloated egos a bit of a kicking.
    Oh come on! If you post stuff like "hi I wannabee a contractor cos you earn loads of money" in a forum with the tagline "All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously." then you should expect a little ribbing. Or machine gun fire, if you persist.
    Noobs that post in the other fora don't get flamed unless they are obviously rude or trolling. If they do get flamed the flamer is given a kicking by the mods.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

See you in another 8 months then

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    It is indeed a shame
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Not me.

I'm a good boy, I am. I've done my time. I'm reformed now. On the straight and narrow.

But I suspect mango was you. Which means kandr must be you too.
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 5 November 2010, 18:36.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Is it Zippy, the sweet secretary?
    Or Officer Cojak the bald headed one?
    or how about Richard Cranium, the soft skilled bencher???
    Not me.

I'm a good boy, I am. I've done my time. I'm reformed now. On the straight and narrow.

But I suspect mango was you. Which means kandr must be you too.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Shame there's no 'innocently whistling' smiley.
    It is indeed a shame

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Who are these arch sockie masters you talk of TM?

Is it Zippy, the sweet secretary?
    Or Officer Cojak the bald headed one?
    or how about Richard Cranium, the soft skilled bencher???

Couuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllldddddddddddddddd d beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Be fair. It's not the new posters who get "flamed, abused or just stupid answers" - just the arseholes.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
    I wouldn't have any of you on my team and if I was to find anyone posting on Contractor UK during the day I'd let them go.
    Hence we work so hard to protect our anonymity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X