• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    eh? What happened? Mango banned?

I only popped out for an hour... what did I miss?
    mango got banned for being a crap sockie...
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Doh. I was going to see if he believed me.
      ooops sorry

But the deduction was elementary... Mich fancies older women, and he's late 30's, ergo MP > 50 or MP < 35

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        mango got banned for being a crap sockie...
        Sweet Jesus! So I was lured into posting a picture of myself for nothing?

Now every time I'm on checkout I'll be worried that one of you will pass by and recognise me as the lad who leads a double fantasy life as an IT contractor

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Now every time I'm on checkout I'll be worried that one of you will pass by and recognise me as the lad who leads a double fantasy life as an IT contractor
          That would require a contractor to actually have to go into a supermarket.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Aye. Lovingly hand-crafted sockies are sadly lacking.
            I think you'll find they are all lovingly hand crafted -

Comment

There are some real arseholes on this site!

Almost every new poster who comes along and posts in General gets flamed, abused or just stupid answers.

I wouldn't have any of you on my team and if I was to find anyone posting on Contractor UK during the day I'd let them go.

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
                There are some real arseholes on this site!

Almost every new poster who comes along and posts in General gets flamed, abused or just stupid answers.

I wouldn't have any of you on my team and if I was to find anyone posting on Contractor UK during the day I'd let them go.
                Be fair. It's not the new posters who get "flamed, abused or just stupid answers" - just the arseholes.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
                  Hence we work so hard to protect our anonymity.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Be fair. It's not the new posters who get "flamed, abused or just stupid answers" - just the arseholes.
                    If the rampant sockpuppetry was stopped then maybe the genuine new posters wouldn't be drowned out or just be totally put off from posting on CUK.

One reason I've barely posted on or even visited CUK for the last 8 months is because of the endless trolling sockies. Yes I realise that's a red rag to a bull for yet more output from the sockie creators.

As I said on another thread if the puppet masters had their main account postcounts reset to zero maybe it would stop a few of them as that would give their bloated egos a bit of a kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                      If the rampant sockpuppetry was stopped then maybe the genuine new posters wouldn't be drowned out or just be totally put off from posting on CUK.

One reason I've barely posted on or even visited CUK for the last 8 months is because of the endless trolling sockies. Yes I realise that's a red rag to a bull for yet more output from the sockie creators.

As I said on another thread if the puppet masters had their main account postcounts reset to zero maybe it would stop a few of them as that would give their bloated egos a bit of a kicking.
                      Who are these arch sockie masters you talk of TM?

Is it Zippy, the sweet secretary?
                      Or Officer Cojak the bald headed one?
                      or how about Richard Cranium, the soft skilled bencher???

Couuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllldddddddddddddddd d beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X