• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Miserable Monday

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Miserable Monday"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Today's my parents' 55th wedding anniversary

Just got back after travelling down to their place last night so we could all go out for a celebratory luncheon today

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravello View Post
    Some information really is best left unshared...

'Ow's you Spod?
    Hey lil drunken buddy!

Things is good.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Man-flu

It's touch and go.
    Has the ambulance arrived yet?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I've got full blown something nasty

We've still got no heating - flipping boiler still knackered

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Man-flu

It's touch and go.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Pogle, haven't you heard? It's an offence to be so chirpy on a Monday. Damn you.

Hiya, by the way.
    WMPS and 'Ey Oop

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Me nipples are proper perky!
    Some information really is best left unshared...

'Ow's you Spod?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Pogle, haven't you heard? It's an offence to be so chirpy on a Monday. Damn you.

Hiya, by the way.
    I'm always chirpy - especially first thing in the morning - its a curse
    - least that's what Mr P says

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I'm having a great Monday
    So far I've been to the dentist, am awaiting the dryer repair man and the boiler repair man. Furniture delivery is in half an hour and I've got the cat at the vets at 6. In between all that I'm filling a skip with all the crap from the garage and crappy old furniture we're throwing away.
    Then the rest of the week is MINE. I've crammed all my holiday chores into Monday, if you're away from home all week you can find you spend your holidays just catching up on all the domestic stuff.

Plus Pogle Jr is at the stables ALL day tomorrow, so I can do what ever I want, like spend some of those vouchers I've had for ages. I've got £100 John Lewis voucher that is itching to be spent - the ladies will understand

Oh and the sun is shining and the sky is blue, its cold out there but very very nice

Hiya, by the way.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Oh and the sun is shining and the sky is blue, its cold out there but very very nice
    Yeah sunny here in Swindon too. Cold inside as someone has buggered about with the air conditioning. Me nipples are proper perky!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I'm having a great Monday
    So far I've been to the dentist, am awaiting the dryer repair man and the boiler repair man. Furniture delivery is in half an hour and I've got the cat at the vets at 6. In between all that I'm filling a skip with all the crap from the garage and crappy old furniture we're throwing away.
    Then the rest of the week is MINE. I've crammed all my holiday chores into Monday, if you're away from home all week you can find you spend your holidays just catching up on all the domestic stuff.

Plus Pogle Jr is at the stables ALL day tomorrow, so I can do what ever I want, like spend some of those vouchers I've had for ages. I've got £100 John Lewis voucher that is itching to be spent - the ladies will understand

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    I want to get to the stage were I only need to do 3-6 months a year contracting, just for holiday money. The rest of the time I can be travelling or doing stuff I enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    And I'm starting week 2.

I certainly won't be spending it on a bench in the garden.
    Well mine is self imposed and if I don't hear anything positive about the roles I interviewed for, then hitting sunnier climes might be on the agenda

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    What a fitting start to the first week of bench time for me.
    And I'm starting week 2.

I certainly won't be spending it on a bench in the garden.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    ARSE. IT'S BLOODY MONDAY AGAIN!
    Every day is the same working from home or benched, no? If your wife works, you get the house to yourself, except it's half term (mine's a teacher) . It's cold but sunny here... first frost of the autumn but I don't have to defrost the car

Leave a comment:

Working...
X