• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Miserable Monday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    What a fitting start to the first week of bench time for me.
    You can have a duvet day today
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      ARSE. IT'S BLOODY MONDAY AGAIN!
      Every day is the same working from home or benched, no? If your wife works, you get the house to yourself, except it's half term (mine's a teacher) . It's cold but sunny here... first frost of the autumn but I don't have to defrost the car
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        What a fitting start to the first week of bench time for me.
        And I'm starting week 2.

I certainly won't be spending it on a bench in the garden.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          And I'm starting week 2.

I certainly won't be spending it on a bench in the garden.
          Well mine is self imposed and if I don't hear anything positive about the roles I interviewed for, then hitting sunnier climes might be on the agenda
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I want to get to the stage were I only need to do 3-6 months a year contracting, just for holiday money. The rest of the time I can be travelling or doing stuff I enjoy.

Comment

I'm having a great Monday
              So far I've been to the dentist, am awaiting the dryer repair man and the boiler repair man. Furniture delivery is in half an hour and I've got the cat at the vets at 6. In between all that I'm filling a skip with all the crap from the garage and crappy old furniture we're throwing away.
              Then the rest of the week is MINE. I've crammed all my holiday chores into Monday, if you're away from home all week you can find you spend your holidays just catching up on all the domestic stuff.

Plus Pogle Jr is at the stables ALL day tomorrow, so I can do what ever I want, like spend some of those vouchers I've had for ages. I've got £100 John Lewis voucher that is itching to be spent - the ladies will understand

Oh and the sun is shining and the sky is blue, its cold out there but very very nice
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                Oh and the sun is shining and the sky is blue, its cold out there but very very nice
                Yeah sunny here in Swindon too. Cold inside as someone has buggered about with the air conditioning. Me nipples are proper perky!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  I'm having a great Monday
                  So far I've been to the dentist, am awaiting the dryer repair man and the boiler repair man. Furniture delivery is in half an hour and I've got the cat at the vets at 6. In between all that I'm filling a skip with all the crap from the garage and crappy old furniture we're throwing away.
                  Then the rest of the week is MINE. I've crammed all my holiday chores into Monday, if you're away from home all week you can find you spend your holidays just catching up on all the domestic stuff.

Plus Pogle Jr is at the stables ALL day tomorrow, so I can do what ever I want, like spend some of those vouchers I've had for ages. I've got £100 John Lewis voucher that is itching to be spent - the ladies will understand

Pogle, haven't you heard? It's an offence to be so chirpy on a Monday. Damn you.

Hiya, by the way.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Pogle, haven't you heard? It's an offence to be so chirpy on a Monday. Damn you.

Hiya, by the way.
                    I'm always chirpy - especially first thing in the morning - its a curse
                    - least that's what Mr P says
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      Me nipples are proper perky!
                      Some information really is best left unshared...

'Ow's you Spod?
                      Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X