• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "not bad, 1500% profit in 6 weeks"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Is that what it means? Darn, I just ordered it. Why would they take orders they can't fulfil?
    You might be lucky!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Is that what it means? Darn, I just ordered it. Why would they take orders they can't fulfil?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

... Availability 4 or more weeks. i.e. it isn't.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I don't understand the used book market. I was looking for an HP Lovecraft quote the other day and came upon this:

Amazon.com: The Azathoth Cycle: Tales of the Blind Idiot God (Call of Cthulhu Fiction) (9781568820408): Edward Pickman Derby, Stephen Mark Rainey, Richard L. Tierney: Books

225$ for a paperback? Good used ones can be to to $177. Then I found it on WH Smith for £14.99. Darned if I can see the difference, could make a small fortune there.

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndS...=9781568820408
    Last edited by xoggoth; 24 September 2010, 10:29.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It doesn't become a profit unless he sells it.
    Tell it to the bankers that book paper profits and pay themselves real cash bonuses

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    So go on, has anyone converted their savings, assets, warchest, etc. into solid gold yet?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Anyway. He's talking bollocks.

It doesn't become a profit unless he sells it.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Foreigners with dollars, pounds, Swiss francs, or Czech crowns lived in opulence.
    So what's the problem?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Am I the only one to find this all a bit vague?

It's a bit like 'I heard a tale once about something that was really interesting and very exciting it was too but nobody else has heard that tale'.

Milan, a bit more info please.
    I had read it earlier, before the edit.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Milan removed the link

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

It's a bit like 'I heard a tale once about something that was really interesting and very exciting it was too but nobody else has heard that tale'.

There was a link. Dunno where it went.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    ...an article in the torygraph which discussed a little known book which had suddenly become very interesting to a lot of people....

quite amazing

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    now here's a funny thing,

about two months ago, there was an article in the torygraph which discussed a little known book which had suddenly become very interesting to a lot of people....

quite amazing

Milan.
    Did you read the book, any good?

You could scan it and upload on torrent site

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    started a topic not bad, 1500% profit in 6 weeks

not bad, 1500% profit in 6 weeks

now here's a funny thing,

about two months ago, there was an article in the torygraph which discussed a little known book which had suddenly become very interesting to a lot of people....

quite amazing

Milan.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 24 September 2010, 07:29.

Working...
X