• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where were you 31/8/1997?"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I'd just got back from racing yachts in Norway and was in bed with my girlfriend at the time.

She was a wrong-un too.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I haven't got a clue. It wasn't one of 'those moments' to me.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Nobody's answered the big question yet: did you buy Candle in the Wind?
    Nah! I waited a couple of weeks and bought "Sandals in the Bin" instead when Mother Theresa snuffed it.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Nobody's answered the big question yet: did you buy Candle in the Wind?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    My then GF and I were watching some rubbish on C4, having not long got in - she was working on the bar in a nightclub back then. The programme was faded out for the news about the accident, and then a while later they announced that she had died.

We watched for a while longer, assuming that now it was over C4 could go back to normal programming and leave the main channels to drone on about it. This assumption proved not to be correct

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I don't know but I remember being absolutely gutted that they cancelled the football later that day, Liverpool v Newcastle was always a classic.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No idea. Never paid any attention to the bedwetting, attention seeking princess.
    So your theory is that she died in order to seek attention?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    Trouble was I was really enjoying my new found freedom and in the 'if it moves, shag it' part of my life.
    Is that when you made HAB the man he is now?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I was listening to the radio having just pulled over in the car after having accidently side swiping another car. It must have left a white mark on the other car. I waited but the other car never caught up. Got back to the hotel near Gare de Nord and thought that’s a coincidence; two accidents tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Was 1997 the year for crap partners?
    Was for me, first wife dumped me whilst I was in the Falklands and moved one of my civvy 'friends' in.

What was funny was that a year later when she found out he had no money and she wanted me back. Trouble was I was really enjoying my new found freedom and in the 'if it moves, shag it' part of my life.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    No..........it was the year for crap Election results!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    CAme back from wedding in Lurgan with the then girlfriend and went straight to bed with each other. She woke up and went down the stairs, came running back up and shouted

"have you heard the news?"

I don't know how I put up with her for so long but she did not last much longer.
    Last edited by minestrone; 13 September 2010, 10:12.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They played the same dirge with all normal programs suspended and news every 10 minutes "she's still dead" for 2-3 days.
    That's what I mainly remember. Oasis' Be Here Now had just come out and they completely ruined Don't Go Away for everybody.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I was still at school back then. My radio-clock was set to Radio1 and I woke in a confused state to hear a funeral dirge being played, before a news bulletin cleared things up. They played the same dirge with all normal programs suspended and news every 10 minutes "she's still dead" for 2-3 days.

Waits for a joke about "it being better than what they normally play"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X