• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Best Man Speech

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best Man Speech"

Collapse

• Alf W
    replied
    Forget the speech. what have they lined up for you Head Bridesmaid wise? Have they gone for the traditional 'Chubby friend in a ghastly pink dress' to make the bride look good or have they lined up something special?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, if there's anybody here this afternoon who's feeling nervous, apprehensive and queasy at the thought of what lies ahead, it's probably because you have just got married to <groom>
    Not bad

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Maybe I'm a bit out of touch; but I thought a Best Man speech was supposed to be slightly saucy here and there, rather than one long Roy Chubby Brown sketch.

What must the grandparents think?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I also added a few comedy best wishes comments at the end just before the toast for minor unrelated giggles...

Can't remember the wording I used but can just be one liners..

Dave and ann say best wishes and enjoy the three rings of marriage, the wedding ring, the enduring and the suffering...

Best wishes from all at Madama Geegee's dungeon in (whereever stag do was) and can you advise when you will be back to pick up your blow up sheep.

Well done from the football lads, (wifes name), after 2 years of seeing his terrible performance on the pitch we hope you fare better

blahh blahh

Cheesy crap but if you have delivered a good speech they should be giddy enough to appreciate them as a 5 min wind down at the end.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    I got married in June and didn't have 1 speech, oh joy.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I went to a wedding where the best man had contrived a 30 minute speech packed full of in-jokes that only the grooms closest friends would know about, whilst they giggled like schoolboys 90% of the guests were looking at their watches.
    I attended a wedding where the best man did private family jokes and it was awful. Our side of the family hadn't a clue what it was all about.

You should also keep the smut, innuendoes and bad language under control. It can easily offend.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Just remember people want to laugh with you, reel out some classics and throw in a few short personal anecdotes and never say anything even slightly derogatory about the bride, 10 minutes max.

I went to a wedding where the best man had contrived a 30 minute speech packed full of in-jokes that only the grooms closest friends would know about, whilst they giggled like schoolboys 90% of the guests were looking at their watches.

I went to another wedding in France where the French side of the family didn't see the relevance of a best mans speech and just continued to chat loudly amongst themselves whilst the poor bloke died on his feet.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Ladies and gentlemen, if there's anybody here this afternoon who's feeling nervous, apprehensive and queasy at the thought of what lies ahead, it's probably because you have just got married to <groom>

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    wow, google is pretty quick

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I've been asked to be best man and XXX said if I do a good job I can be best man at his next wedding

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    There are obviously two very important people here today, without whom very little of this would have been possible. And the great thing is that as the evening progresses, most of us will get to spend more and more time talking with them. So please join me in a very special toast – to the bar staff!

I actually used this one.
    Got this one also

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    This is going to be quite a short speech because xxx made me promise not to mention the drugs or the whores...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Lighting a barbeque is very much like making love to a beautiful woman...
    ... you've got to fire her up, make sure the main dish is well marinated, carefully position your vegetables, and then unwrap your sausage.

or something.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    There are obviously two very important people here today, without whom very little of this would have been possible. And the great thing is that as the evening progresses, most of us will get to spend more and more time talking with them. So please join me in a very special toast – to the bar staff!

I actually used this one.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Ah, we've found MP's level.
    I thought everyone had sussed my level a long time ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X