• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: So so sad.......

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So so sad......."

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Would that be the Leeds offices? I worked there for two years and while the open center was a nice idea in practice it meant you got all the hot air and cooking smells from the cafe going up the middle of the building and into all the office areas.
    I worked there for 18 months. It struck me as a waste of space really. While it looked quite nice, it gave up a lot of floor space. I never worked on the top floor but i imagine it was pretty grim in the summer. Bob and his mates had pretty much took the place over when I was ousted!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    BBC News - ELO cellist killed by hay bale in freak van Devon crash

Could have been worse. He could have been crushed by a runaway hay bale!!!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I don't think they'll be paying "death in service"...
    Ohhh - dunno - I knew a guy at Lloyds/TSB who topped himself (at home not on the job) and said the same thing to his boss - but it seems they pay out DiS no matter what!!

Don't know if LTSB is an exception

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It'd be like being beaten to death by a limp-wristed guy holding a fish.

I didn't know that Jesus posts on here as well. What's his login????

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'm undecided on how I would take my own life (if I was inclined)

Jumping from a roof, falling off a boat, throwing ones self under a train, pills, wearing a KKK outfit around Brixton?

Not sure if I have a preference..
    I reckon a running jump off the Grand Canyon would be an exciting way, or sky-diving. Something that ends instantly and painlessly.

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Sweetie, if you wanted out, I'm sure there would be no end of people only too willing to lend a hand
    Is 'Death by CUKKER' suicide?
    It'd be like being beaten to death by a limp-wristed guy holding a fish.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Just done a gig where 400 people were outsourced. Exactly the same circumstances. People in their 50's working in the IT department. Been there 30+ years
    God, I can hardly imagine being at the same place for 30+ years.

The years must tick by faster and faster in a routine like that.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Just done a gig where 400 people were outsourced. Exactly the same circumstances. People in their 50's working in the IT department. Been there 30+ years

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    A one company man, hoping to see his pension from Sun Life. Out-sourced from Axa (who bought SL) to Capita last year. He moved jobs without wanting to and suffered for it, no sooner did he come back when it was announced that there were going to be redundancies. He must have thought he was going to be on the list.

Some souls are not cut out for this new non-loyalty, mobile way of working.

You're right Hugh, very sad.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Jardon
    replied
    Man now named.......

A MAN who fell three storeys to his death at the Axa Centre in Stoke Gifford has been named.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied

Jumping from a roof, falling off a boat, throwing ones self under a train, pills, wearing a KKK outfit around Brixton?
    How about finding a tall building above a railway line. Wait until a train is coming, then take an overdose, slash your wrists, set yourself on fire, and jump.

At least if you were unlucky enough to survive nobody would be saying you didn't really want to kill yourself and were just trying to get attention.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied

As I have said before, a Cessna 310R set on autopilot out over the sea, playing Freebird on my Fender Strat Deluxe in the back, loaded with single malt whisky.

Just for the irony.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Sweetie, if you wanted out, I'm sure there would be no end of people only too willing to lend a hand
    Is 'Death by CUKKER' suicide?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    BT have an office with a hole in the centre of the building where you can see the ground floor cafe from the 4th floor.

That place would also be a jumper's paradise if a person was so inclined...
    Would that be the Leeds offices? I worked there for two years and while the open center was a nice idea in practice it meant you got all the hot air and cooking smells from the cafe going up the middle of the building and into all the office areas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X