• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Changes to (Hopefully) Enhance Your Forum Viewing Experience"

Collapse

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Not sure where to fit them in, but the idea makes sense. Maybe a row of small text links above the existing breadcrumb trail at the top, repeated below the breadcrumb trail at the bottom?

It'll probably be easy enough to implement (although we thought that about the breadcrumbs...) so I'll look into it.
    Thanks Nick, appreciate your efforts!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Where is support for Netscape v0.95 BETA??!?!!?!

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Thanks Nick.

The breadcrumbs and the (now missing) scroll bars are a real improvement.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Whatever forum is currently being viewed there are no direct links to any of the other six forums so two clicks are required to go from General to Technical. Would it not make sense to add these somewhere?
    Not sure where to fit them in, but the idea makes sense. Maybe a row of small text links above the existing breadcrumb trail at the top, repeated below the breadcrumb trail at the bottom?

It'll probably be easy enough to implement (although we thought that about the breadcrumbs...) so I'll look into it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And that's why you'll never be headhunted. You think using a browser constitutes a skill.
    It is a skill. It be an easy one but Grannies and incompetents still struggle.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Well its completely beyond you though Napoleon isn't it?
    If such low level stuff goes wrong, I expect a support monkey to come and fix it. I have neither the interest nor inclination to understand why badly designed Microsh!te software goes wrong.
    If it was Unix on the other hand ....
    Sadly, outsourcing means one has to to talk to a support monkey bob abroad.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And that's why you'll never be headhunted. You think using a browser constitutes a skill.
    Well its completely beyond you though Napoleon isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That head-hunter's client should count themselves lucky the whole thing was imaginary. Imagine head-hunting someone who can't use a web-browser...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    That head-hunter's client should count themselves lucky the whole thing was imaginary. Imagine head-hunting someone who can't use a web-browser...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Bah! Contrary to firm policy (stuck on IE6) I unilaterally upgraded to IE8 just for CUK.
    Now I can't use Google, the links to results are too slow.
    Don't know why.
    Can't be bothered to explain to IT support in India either.
    Gah!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Breadcrumbs? Not another one. I still haven't manage to figure out what clouds are yet.

PS Never bother with any of the twiddly stuff you are on about but it all looks good to me. Good job.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I heard CUK wants to switch BBoard software again in a couple of weeks, but they haven't the heart to tell NickFitz.
    If they pay him I'm sure he won't complain too much.

Good work Nick.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Click "Quick Links" underneath this post.
    Don't see it. If it's like the Quick Links at the top of the page it doesn't link to any of the other forums. Direct links are there for about every aspect of the site except to other forums.

Edit: Quick Navigation, got it. Marginally better but still requires two clicks to go elsewhere. What's wrong with direct links in a menu?

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Whatever forum is currently being viewed there are no direct links to any of the other six forums so two clicks are required to go from General to Technical. Would it not make sense to add these somewhere?
    Click "Quick Links" underneath this post.

Thanks Nick - some wicked improvements!

Change forum? Never again - you are stuck with this one for at least a decade now

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X