• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Inventions

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Inventions"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    A device that neutralises any regular sound. Regular sounds should send out a regular wave. How about a device that senses the timing and magnitude of the air displacement and generates an exact equal and opposite wave to neutralise the original?

Applications would be in airplanes, factories, CUK dos, anywhere there is a regular annoying sound.
    This was my final year project as an undergrad.

GSM noise cancellation for folks with hearing aids. They were irritated and some cases caused pain because of the intermittent bleep we've all become accustom with.

My solution was to build an inverse RF and EM generator equal in amplitude to the incoming radiation. Of course there as lag in the electronics capability to respond so there was a phase variance that was unlikely to be compensated for. In the end I achieved a 70% reduction in interference oh and a degree

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    A device that neutralises any regular sound. Regular sounds should send out a regular wave. How about a device that senses the timing and magnitude of the air displacement and generates an exact equal and opposite wave to neutralise the original?

Applications would be in airplanes, factories, CUK dos, anywhere there is a regular annoying sound.
    Already done. Porsche and other top marques already use it in their cars n stuff. It's called Phase Cancellation Active Noise Control..

... but I am betting you already know this and it was the last line that was the key to your post

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Yessss. I am tulipe at boiling eggs. Which is pretty embarrassing.
    Krups 230-70 Egg Express Egg Cooker

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied

Quick, patent it!

(You'll probably have a fight on your hands with Lotus, Bose, Harman Kardan etc.)

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Useful in trains where some dickhead is listening to music through earphones. If it could also send an ear splitting, torturous 'beam' of high pitched noise into the said dickhead's ear I would certainly be an interested customer.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    How about this?

Gets a bit tiring after a minute.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

How about this?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    You want to have sex with your mum?
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    the trick is not to burn the water

Is that why they explode in the water?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Ah, that explains why I'm not a 5 foot shortarse; thanks, I'd always wondered.
    Next year son, don't forget my Father's Day card!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    the trick is not to burn the water

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Nope. Not since I had sex with yours.
    Ah, that explains why I'm not a 5 foot shortarse; thanks, I'd always wondered.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    An egg scanning device for quick and precision testing of the softness of boiled eggs of different sizes at any time during preparation in an egg boiler machine

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    You want to have sex with your mum?
    Nope. Not since I had sex with yours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X