• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cool pylons

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cool pylons"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    The female pylon at the front in picture 2 has quite appealing hips.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I used to love that bjork TV clip! Thanks for reminding me!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Theyv'e been nicking my blog ideas about making things artistic to get acceptance. Said way back that wind turbines should have gull like wings and a cute puppy's head in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I've got this picture in my mind of a couple of human pylons standing across from each other over a lake, doing a giant cat's cradle.

I was in Iceland beginning of July. We had a great time. It's now about as expensive as Switzerland (instead of being more expensive as it used to be).

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I thought we were doing away with size zero models. Some of those pylon people need a good meal or two.
    The female pylon at the front in picture 2 has quite appealing hips.

Besides, they're Scandinavians; they're supposed to be tall.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Don't let poets lie to you, there is 'scientifical' proof in a Danish book that says TV's are ok... bonkers.

But you would.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I thought we were doing away with size zero models. Some of those pylon people need a good meal or two.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    ALL Icelandic people I have ever met are completely round the twist. Actually, that goes for most Scandies.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Why not? We had to bail some of our banks out.
    And sensibly, they didn't ask the public what they thought, because the public wouldn't even have understood the question.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Like... LAVA RUN!!!
    More like Rollerball

Most Icelandic people I have ever met are completely round the twist. Actually, that goes for most Scandies.

This is fun though.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Well yes, but of course if you look at the sum that each individual Icelander would end up paying, regardless of him being innocent in this matter, they'd be bankrupt for the rest of time. The people who would pay the bill are not those who took on the responsibilities. You can't expect some fish factory worker to even comprehend what's happened, let alone hold them responsible for it.
    Why not? We had to bail some of our banks out.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Anyway, this was supposed to be a cheerful thread about transforming pylons into art, until some grump decided it should be about banking doom.

What a lot of miseryguts here.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    a giraffe with a jester's hat would work.
    Excellent suggestion. Do you perchance work for ClientCo's marketing department?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Ah you are right Mich, I mean.. you have never made a generalisation to make a comedy point before so I should follow your lead lol
    moi? of course I have

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Didn't they have a referendum which went something like:

Should we make an effort to pay it back or... not bother?

I wish I could do the same with my mortgage.
    Well yes, but of course if you look at the sum that each individual Icelander would end up paying, regardless of him being innocent in this matter, they'd be bankrupt for the rest of time. The people who would pay the bill are not those who took on the responsibilities. You can't expect some fish factory worker to even comprehend what's happened, let alone hold them responsible for it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X