• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Disabled? Parent with Child? Good Luck Parking at the Supermarket."

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Anyway Epi, unless you intend to top yourself soon, you should be glad that some of us are able to breed.
    You wouldn't expect much from ShaunBhoy's progeny, for example, but they'll be perfectly capable of wiping your bum in the old peoples' home.
    Ho ho. Says the man whose Family have yet to fully discover the intricacies of Sexual Intercourse, having sustained the bloodline (such as it is) thus far by raiding Warthog litters!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
    Ah we've reached the insults and jibes part have we.
    We reached that stage at post number 40 in this thread. If you can't take it, don't make pathetic attempts to dish it out.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Try going to a 24 hour super market during the early hours of the morning when the night shift are replenishing the shelves and leaving stock literally all over the shop.
    Then you'll see that although they don't have a special supermarket for the fit, they do have the reserved opening times.

I've often thought it would pay to do a Tuesday morning pensioners special - extra help for the old folk and keeps them out the way of those in a rush. They could operate a similar system for the parking spaces - 'parent/baby' spaces from 9-5, the rest of the time it's a free for all.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    it's been banned in scotland for sometime...from what I've seen, they seem to be coping OK
    I suppose we just have a greater moral code up here.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    They should open 'Fit-Only' supermarkets, for those who can get in and out and around in double quick order.
    Try going to a 24 hour super market during the early hours of the morning when the night shift are replenishing the shelves and leaving stock literally all over the shop.
    Then you'll see that although they don't have a special supermarket for the fit, they do have the reserved opening times.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I carry my phone in my pocket for a good reason.
    Presumably to give the illusion that you actually have a c0ck?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    You been watching supermarket sweep again EO?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I think the supermarkets are missing a trick here. clogging up the aisles and checkout with the old, infirm and those screaming kids.

They should open 'Fit-Only' supermarkets, for those who can get in and out and around in double quick order.

You dont get points for how much you spend, you get points based on how quick you are.

Instead of stuffing the checkouts with rubbishy pester power products like sweets , chocolate and anusol, they could target people like me , with carlsberg, kleenex and pistachio nuts.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Most "disabled" badge holders are not "disabled", they are just old. Sorry and all that, but in my book that confers no special privileges upon them. If it takes them longer to walk a bit further then tough sh1t. They've got all bloody day anyway!
    As far as I am concerned, supermarket car parks should simply operate a first come first served basis. Fairest way. If that bothers people with lots of kids, leave the little fookers at home or get up a bit earlier to avoid the queues. Simples!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Actually. You started the jibes.

HTH.
    True.
    Anyway Epi, don't forget your local Tesco Metro have a BOGOF offer on Pot Noodles today. And as they don't have family parking, you won't feel out of place, as it will be full of smelly single IT types like you with sandals, no social skills and a BO problem.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Ah we've reached the insults and jibes part have we. Woe betide anyone who disagrees with a parent eh.
    Actually. You started the jibes.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    You mean the annoying types that send those bloody roundrobin messages every christmas?
    Yeah, those tossers.

A friend of mine started a rant the other day about being turned away with her pram, from a pub in Chester.

I told her I wasn't sure what her gripe was, as surely unless a specified 'family' pub <shudder>, pubs aren't meant for kids. She wasn't impressed.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Ah we've reached the insults and jibes part have we. Woe betide anyone who disagrees with a parent eh.
    Nah you just have a singleton chip on your shoulder.
    Methinks thou protesteth too much.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Perhaps his friends have all had kids and become those annoying types that think their sprogs are in fact, the centre of the universe.
    You mean the annoying types that send those bloody roundrobin messages every christmas?

"Young Olly's loving prep school, playing in the 1st XV for rugger and studying hard for his Common Entrance; he plans to do work experience at Kleinberg Wartstein in the summer to find out more about a career in merchant banking. Meanwhile, Arabella's just started her GCSEs and she knows she'll have to study very hard to achieve her goal of reading Media at the University of Grimsby bla bla bla etc"?

I've considered sending them back in an envelope full of vomit, but I shouldn't lower myself to that.

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X