• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disabled? Parent with Child? Good Luck Parking at the Supermarket.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most "disabled" badge holders are not "disabled", they are just old. Sorry and all that, but in my book that confers no special privileges upon them. If it takes them longer to walk a bit further then tough sh1t. They've got all bloody day anyway!
    As far as I am concerned, supermarket car parks should simply operate a first come first served basis. Fairest way. If that bothers people with lots of kids, leave the little fookers at home or get up a bit earlier to avoid the queues. Simples!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I think the supermarkets are missing a trick here. clogging up the aisles and checkout with the old, infirm and those screaming kids.

They should open 'Fit-Only' supermarkets, for those who can get in and out and around in double quick order.

You dont get points for how much you spend, you get points based on how quick you are.

Instead of stuffing the checkouts with rubbishy pester power products like sweets , chocolate and anusol, they could target people like me , with carlsberg, kleenex and pistachio nuts.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

You been watching supermarket sweep again EO?

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
          I carry my phone in my pocket for a good reason.
          Presumably to give the illusion that you actually have a c0ck?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            They should open 'Fit-Only' supermarkets, for those who can get in and out and around in double quick order.
            Try going to a 24 hour super market during the early hours of the morning when the night shift are replenishing the shelves and leaving stock literally all over the shop.
            Then you'll see that although they don't have a special supermarket for the fit, they do have the reserved opening times.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              it's been banned in scotland for sometime...from what I've seen, they seem to be coping OK
              I suppose we just have a greater moral code up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                Try going to a 24 hour super market during the early hours of the morning when the night shift are replenishing the shelves and leaving stock literally all over the shop.
                Then you'll see that although they don't have a special supermarket for the fit, they do have the reserved opening times.

I've often thought it would pay to do a Tuesday morning pensioners special - extra help for the old folk and keeps them out the way of those in a rush. They could operate a similar system for the parking spaces - 'parent/baby' spaces from 9-5, the rest of the time it's a free for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
                  Ah we've reached the insults and jibes part have we.
                  We reached that stage at post number 40 in this thread. If you can't take it, don't make pathetic attempts to dish it out.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Anyway Epi, unless you intend to top yourself soon, you should be glad that some of us are able to breed.
                    You wouldn't expect much from ShaunBhoy's progeny, for example, but they'll be perfectly capable of wiping your bum in the old peoples' home.
                    Ho ho. Says the man whose Family have yet to fully discover the intricacies of Sexual Intercourse, having sustained the bloodline (such as it is) thus far by raiding Warthog litters!

Comment

Working...
                    X