• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which contractor on here talks the most sense? And which flotsam should I ignore?"

Collapse

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Nope - that was me with a temp ban. I've sent a note to Admin.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Can one ban what's already banned?

Let's find out...

I WANT TO CLOSE THAT T..............

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by 117MilesToGo View Post
    How do you know Im 'Never Been North of the M25'? ( I assume thats what those initials stand for)
    You mean apart from the whiney 'please like me/can I be in your gang?' type of posts?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Can one ban what's already banned?

Let's find out...

I WANT TO CLOSE THAT T..............

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Nope - that was me with a temp ban. I've sent a note to Admin. Mods can't permanently ban users.
    So basically all you can do RH is send pithy messages and ban a user for a few hours.

All piss and wind really.

That's all we like you to think we can do.
    Last edited by realityhack; 13 August 2010, 15:54. Reason: :P

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Mods can't permanently ban users.
    That's nice to know...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Sockies are one thing, getting around a ban another. IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    ...and just did
    Darwinism in action.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    ...and just did
    Nope - that was me with a temp ban. I've sent a note to Admin. Mods can't permanently ban users.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    One would assume so. Admin has the final word.
    You've been 'banned' though ...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Admin has the final word.
    ...and just did

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Well one assumes that creating a new login after getting banned is a no-brainer instant-ban?
    One would assume so. Admin has the final word.

Leave a comment:

• 117MilesToGo
    replied
    And what would be the problem there? If a new login is created and allowed to survive, why not just unban the original so we can keep track.
    God not another one with an issue with me. Cmon Doohg, tell me how Ive wronged you ......

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nah.

You ban the username. It's an anonymous board and so also has a sense of sockie about it.

If you went around banning every double,treble, banned poster than there'd only be 5 posters left.
    And what would be the problem there? If a new login is created and allowed to survive, why not just unban the original so we can keep track.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Well one assumes that creating a new login after getting banned is a no-brainer instant-ban?
    Nah.

You ban the username. It's an anonymous board and so also has a sense of sockie about it.

If you went around banning every double,treble, banned poster than there'd only be 5 posters left.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X