• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's getting better and better!"

Collapse

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Then how do you know you get it from ASDA?
    It's the carrier bags and the card statement - dead give away.

Leave a comment:

• SofaKingdom
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Asda is the best supermarket round here. We have it delivered of course - have never actually been in the place.
    Only been in Asda once. Never seen so many poor chavs in one place except when I did a contract in Staines.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Asda is the best supermarket round here. We have it delivered of course - have never actually been in the place.
    Then how do you know you get it from ASDA?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    "When you're in Tesco and the check-out girl has a love bite on her neck, you don't really think anything of it; but when you see the same thing in Sainsbury's, you're somehow slightly shocked." - Alan Bennett.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Maybe not.

MS and Waitrose are very small and not proper supermarkets.

Morrisons is more expensive than ASDA/Tesco (maybe) but it's much better quality - particularly when compared with Tesco tulip.
    In my experience Morrison's does have better quality fare than Tesco and Asda. Sainsbury would be my first choice but the nearest isn't very convenient except for occasional visits.

I just found out that there is a Waitrose in the west end of Glasgow

I'll be paying a visit this week.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I always thought Morrisons was slightly a budget chain compared to Tesco/Asda.
    Depends where exactly you live.

I use to live near a horrid Morrisons. So horrid it closed down as no-one shopped in it, and preferred to go to the Tesco Metro which was twice as expensive.

There as before that I lived near a lovely Morrisons, a rancid Sainsburys and a Tescos that had been fined for food safety by the environmental health. (They had a rodent problem.)

Now I just shop at Sainsburys even though the one I normally use someone got stabbed to death in it a few years go...... The stabbers weren't from the area they were just visiting on a thieving spree.

Shouldn't an internet tycoon like AtW be shopping at Waitrose or M&S?
    He should be shopping online - Ocado home delivery is the best.

And Tescos is the worst.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You say it like it's unusual.
    Maybe not.

MS and Waitrose are very small and not proper supermarkets.

Morrisons is more expensive than ASDA/Tesco (maybe) but it's much better quality - particularly when compared with Tesco tulip.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You say it like it's unusual.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Shouldn't an internet tycoon like AtW be shopping at Waitrose or M&S?
    We've got both of those on our local high street

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    My supermarket price index is based solely on ale, Asda is a bit down market but they are consistently cheapest, Tesco and Sainsburys seem to take it in turns yet Morrisons is always the most expensive.

Waitrose varies wildly and having a wine expert on hand isn't really necessary when I'm spending £6 tops. Checkout girls are straight from Cheltenham ladies college (in my mind at least).

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I always thought Morrisons was slightly a budget chain compared to Tesco/Asda. Shouldn't an internet tycoon like AtW be shopping at Waitrose or M&S?

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Er, so what you are saying is that in SKA Land, Morrison's is an up market retailer.
    It probably is, compared to Lidl.

OK, at this point I have to confess that in my entire life I have never set foot in either a Morrisons or a Lidl, and I am not likely to now either, but my understanding from reading the papers is that Morrisons is a sort of northern version of Safeway and Lidl is the sort of store that stocks the absolute cheapest version of everything.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Turns out there is Morrison's supermarket near SKA's World HQ - no more ASDA, Tesco tulip!

Er, so what you are saying is that in SKA Land, Morrison's is an up market retailer.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Thank god for that!

I thought this was another thread about your premature ejaculation issue

Whew.
    It’s not the case that AtW has premature ejaculation but conversely he has extreme belated ejaculation from his previous wank

Leave a comment:

Working...
X