• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's getting better and better!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You say it like it's unusual.
    Maybe not.

MS and Waitrose are very small and not proper supermarkets.

Morrisons is more expensive than ASDA/Tesco (maybe) but it's much better quality - particularly when compared with Tesco tulip.

Comment

I always thought Morrisons was slightly a budget chain compared to Tesco/Asda.
      Depends where exactly you live.

I use to live near a horrid Morrisons. So horrid it closed down as no-one shopped in it, and preferred to go to the Tesco Metro which was twice as expensive.

There as before that I lived near a lovely Morrisons, a rancid Sainsburys and a Tescos that had been fined for food safety by the environmental health. (They had a rodent problem.)

Now I just shop at Sainsburys even though the one I normally use someone got stabbed to death in it a few years go...... The stabbers weren't from the area they were just visiting on a thieving spree.

Shouldn't an internet tycoon like AtW be shopping at Waitrose or M&S?
      He should be shopping online - Ocado home delivery is the best.

And Tescos is the worst.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Maybe not.

MS and Waitrose are very small and not proper supermarkets.

Morrisons is more expensive than ASDA/Tesco (maybe) but it's much better quality - particularly when compared with Tesco tulip.
        In my experience Morrison's does have better quality fare than Tesco and Asda. Sainsbury would be my first choice but the nearest isn't very convenient except for occasional visits.

I just found out that there is a Waitrose in the west end of Glasgow

I'll be paying a visit this week.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

"When you're in Tesco and the check-out girl has a love bite on her neck, you don't really think anything of it; but when you see the same thing in Sainsbury's, you're somehow slightly shocked." - Alan Bennett.

Comment

Asda is the best supermarket round here. We have it delivered of course - have never actually been in the place.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Asda is the best supermarket round here. We have it delivered of course - have never actually been in the place.
              Then how do you know you get it from ASDA?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Only been in Asda once. Never seen so many poor chavs in one place except when I did a contract in Staines.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Then how do you know you get it from ASDA?
                  It's the carrier bags and the card statement - dead give away.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                  X