• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Twitter

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Twitter"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    @SLSingh
    @bengoldacre
    @MitchBenn

All ok to follow without too much spamming

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I find loads of useful links through Twitter - here's one from earlier today. If you follow interesting people, you'll get interesting stuff. If you choose instead to follow a bunch of vapid imbeciles chuntering on about their lunch, then obviously you won't derive much benefit from it.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I suspect you won't be able to, as I fear there IS no point to it.
    Thank you!

Another way for the masses to regurgitate pointless musings that no one is interested in. Just as bad as facebook.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I always got the impression it was like Facebook on Speed.
    Indeed, it can be likened to facebook reduced down to just status updates. But you don't have to ask permission to be friends!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    The point: The distribution of information in packets of no more than 140 characters.

What that information is depends on the users
    I always got the impression it was like Facebook on Speed.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    The point: The distribution of information in packets of no more than 140 characters.

What that information is depends on the users

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by rsingh View Post
    Go make us a cup of tea, and then i'll explain it to you...

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    replied
    I don't understand Twitter. What's the point of it?
    Go make us a cup of tea, and then i'll explain it to you...

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Twitter is very high on doodab's list of things that need to be stopped before they get out of hand.
    I don't understand Twitter. What's the point of it?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
    @cherylkerl @bpglobalpr @ianmartin @caitlinmoran @thatkevinsmith @eyespymp

some to be getting on with
    I somehow missed you post!
    Thanks,
    Re: Kevin Smith, although someone I admire looks like a bit of a twitter spammer, I might unfollow him just so I can read the rest

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    @VizTopTips and @MrAlexanderPope are on good form these days
    Thanks for those! VizTopsTips has kept me chuckling for 3 days now
    That alone makes Twitter worthwhile

The top gear team (Jez and Hammond at least) are funny enough to follow. Lots of in-jokes from the show

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    You can block farmville (and mafia wars et al) in your news feed. Click the x that appears when you hover over the story and you get the option to hide all stories from that app. Sorted. Till the next craze anyway.
    Nice, one! Just done that and all my pony news has now gone.

I set up a Twitter account for my Plan B but lost interest after 3 posts.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I love Caitlin Moran,

Her Sherlock Holmes article was hilarious and a bit too near the mark...

I've got a twitter account but haven't got the app on my iphone.

And as for losing business's money - it's only moving it from the 5 minute fag breaks that seem to have disappeared.

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    @cherylkerl @bpglobalpr @ianmartin @caitlinmoran @thatkevinsmith @eyespymp

some to be getting on with

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    Just as bad as Facebook, have been using it recently as some relatives over the water were posting piccies but what a load of sh1t. Every time i login is just endless rows of "Suzy found a little brown cow wandering on her farm" etc etc etc, what the hell is this farmville thing about as it appears everyone except me spends every waking hour on it. Its like invasion of the body snatchers.
    You can block farmville (and mafia wars et al) in your news feed. Click the x that appears when you hover over the story and you get the option to hide all stories from that app. Sorted. Till the next craze anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X