• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Just in case

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just in case"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    You need not be conscious or even alive when you take your last breath though.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    obviously being pedantic you will always get a chance to breath your last

it will be the one you take just before you get vaporised

fair point, well presented

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    obviously being pedantic you will always get a chance to breath your last

it will be the one you take just before you get vaporised

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    But back on topic (kinda) we may not get the chance to breath our last. We could all be vaporised.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    [QUOTE=Paddy;1177350]
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Why? It's not as if you're going to remember it and a heart-attack can be quite painful.

Quietly in your sleep would be more preferable.[/QUOTE]

That is something nurses say to keep families happy. I don’t think that is possible unless you are knocked out by drugs. At some point in the dying process you will need to take your last breath; that action will wake you up because the reflex action by your body will be so intense and painful.
    So, you've died have you?

I'll start calling you Lazarus!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    [QUOTE=DaveB;1177374]
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Not true. You will simply take fewer and fewer breaths untill you finally take the one that turns out to be your last. I know, I've watched it happen.

Different to my experience then.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    [QUOTE=Paddy;1177350]
    Why? It's not as if you're going to remember it and a heart-attack can be quite painful.

Quietly in your sleep would be more preferable.[/
    QUOTE]

That is something nurses say to keep families happy. I don’t think that is possible unless you are knocked out by drugs. At some point in the dying process you will need to take your last breath; that action will wake you up because the reflex action by your body will be so intense and painful.
    Not true. You will simply take fewer and fewer breaths untill you finally take the one that turns out to be your last. I know, I've watched it happen.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't think nuclear decay can create something further down the periodic table, and uranium is the start point so everything is down from there.

Nit-picking, the principle is sound.
    Yep, my mistake

Iodine-135 is an isotope that arises as a fission product of Uranium-235; the decay chain from there is Xenon-135, Caesium-135, and finally Barium-135 which is stable.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    [QUOTE=Paddy;1177350]

QUOTE]

Ah yes but the endorphin rush makes up for it ya miserable git

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    [QUOTE=SupremeSpod;1177170]Why? It's not as if you're going to remember it and a heart-attack can be quite painful.

QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    1 gun and 1 bullet will do for me.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Those atoms will then decay further into isotopes of elements such as uranium (which is probably what it started as)
    I don't think nuclear decay can create something further down the periodic table, and uranium is the start point so everything is down from there.

Nit-picking, the principle is sound.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Working on another one of those at the moment.
    Is this a sideline you've got? Don't you teach or something?

Will it do Alpha, Beta and Gamma?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Quietly in your sleep would be more preferable.
    Not screaming in terror like your passengers

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Drug induced sex heart attack is preferable.

Quietly in your sleep would be more preferable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X