• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Weekend Thread...."

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    This one was £25 for an hour of one to one work with a qualified trainer at their own training center.
    Cheers for that DaveB. Might look into taking "Stella" along to one.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Sounds very much like our German Shepherd Bitch. Great with people but hates other dogs. How much does one of these "sessions" cost then?
    This one was £25 for an hour of one to one work with a qualified trainer at their own training center.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    All went remarkably well really.

It was an intrioductory session and assessment for Loki, as he's been showing signs of aggression to other dogs when he's on the lead. We think it's because he's scared of them, but because he's on the lead he can't run away so he gets aggressive with them instead.
    Sounds very much like our German Shepherd Bitch. Great with people but hates other dogs. How much does one of these "sessions" cost then?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Only plans for this weekend are to take the pup's to their first obediance classes. It should be..... interesting....

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Look forward to hearing the tales of chaos.

I took my mates Boxer pup to classes with her, and he ate the instructors mobile phone.
    All went remarkably well really.

It was an intrioductory session and assessment for Loki, as he's been showing signs of aggression to other dogs when he's on the lead. We think it's because he's scared of them, but because he's on the lead he can't run away so he gets aggressive with them instead.

Spent an hour with the trainer and her "stooge" dog getting him started on obedience training with a clicker and then introducing him to the other dog to gauge his reaction. By the end of it he was far calmer with the other dog and while he wasnt too keen on getting close enough to sniff the other dog he was much less tense and upset about it. The trainer pretty much confirmed what we had suspected, that the aggression was brought about by his fear of other dogs and that given a chance to meet another dog in a controlled environment he'll learn that there is nothing to be scared of.

Freya went straight in, said hello, had a good sniff and went off to play with the toys after she'd got the hang of the clicker training.

Startng group sessions next week with a group walk with six or seven other dogs and moving onto formal obediance classes in a couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Don't you dare!

The "it would be different if it was Wilmslow" comment is applicable to a lot more than just CM/CH.

IMO it's not OTT, it's nice to see a bit of happiness about the place.
    WMPS

There is enough grumpiness about the place (although God knows I try to brighten things up!! )

If CM and Churchy want to share their happiness then that is great. If that offends people then work out how to navigate the fook away to places where people might have the slightest interest in your dreariness!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    CM and C...

All the best, you will be perfect for each other.
    That's a horrible thing to say about CM.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Absolutely no problems with the love burds displaying their engadgement happiness on the forum.

CM and C...

All the best, you will be perfect for each other. Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Don't go - you've only just discovered the best way to annoy those types
    Banal, tedious lovey dovey posting and lots of on the General forum is up to CH/CM, doesn't bother me unless CH is doing a in my direction!

TPD is the place for lots of , and . General is the place for , , , and , so I don't think CM should get if she gets some , or from our & posters.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I rarely post these days anyway, so no biggie.

Same. I now tote a morbid curiosity with this site more than anything. Can't be arsed with all the sockpuppets (ironic) just trying to bait people, got boring about 3 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by bingobob View Post
    ffs, of all the tedious and banal characters on this site I think this lowbrow equivalent of 'Rachel and Ross' have to be, by a country mile, the most tedious and banal.
    Terrible sockie. Shouldn't be too much of a stretch to work out who you belong to.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Ha ha!! I grew up with boxer dogs. They're completely insane and I love em. There weren't any mobile phones to eat back then but on of our dogs, Freddy, if you took him to a pub with a pool table he'd be straight up there nicking the black ball & the only way to get it back was to bribe him with a packet of crisps. That dog got me in with a fair few sexy "chicks" as it happens, but I have to acknowledge I got one or two punches on the nose from his mad antics as well.
    Freddy! Brilliant name. I adore my friend's Boxer, he's really mental and a beautiful looking dog. I've had him stay at my house once when he was a baby but unfortunately he shat all over my wool rug, then panicked and ran it all over the room and up the walls. I'd left him alone in the room for 2 minutes, couldn't believe my eyes when I walked back in. Was a poopy massacre.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    We just got engaged - lovey dovey is inevitable.

Fair enough though, if it bothers you all that much then I'll quit CUK. I rarely post these days anyway, so no biggie.

Shame though that it's so "de trop" for you.
    Don't go - you've only just discovered the best way to annoy those types

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Look forward to hearing the tales of chaos.

I took my mates Boxer pup to classes with her, and he ate the instructors mobile phone.
    Ha ha!! I grew up with boxer dogs. They're completely insane and I love em. There weren't any mobile phones to eat back then but on of our dogs, Freddy, if you took him to a pub with a pool table he'd be straight up there nicking the black ball & the only way to get it back was to bribe him with a packet of crisps. That dog got me in with a fair few sexy "chicks" as it happens, but I have to acknowledge I got one or two punches on the nose from his mad antics as well.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    [QUOTE=cailin maith;1150286]We just got engaged QUOTE]

Ohh I missed that one - Congratulations

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    (The above is always assuming CM doesn't have alternative plans that she thinks she's told me about but in reality it was only in her head...)

My wife does this to me all the time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X