• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Barbarians

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Barbarians"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    This thread has made I laff.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Southern, English, Middle class - like most in here I suspect.
    So the chances of animal cruelty becoming the social norm are so unlikely it's not worth putting a number on, let alone losing sleep over.

The fact that these clowns were prosecuted & convicted says more about how our culture is resistant to animal cruelty than anything.

As I said before, I suggest you build that bridge and stop losing sleep. Maybe try listening to Radio 4 as you go to sleep - helps me every time.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Northern & BRITISH here
    Irish (but adopted Northern) here!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Northern & BRITISH here

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    What's YOUR culture?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    That's fine so long as MY culture doesn't start becoming THEIR culture.
    What's YOUR culture?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Are you mad?

I wouldn't drink Chianti with venison. You need something that packs more of a punch like a decent Rioja.
    And ffs don't overcook it.

Don't forget to check its eviscera to ensure it was healthy.

Skin on? Burning hair FFS!

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Critiquing another culture because it's values don't match yours is a fools errand.
    That's fine so long as MY culture doesn't start becoming THEIR culture.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I like to shoot a deer with my crossbow and I love it when it is looking at me and it knows it's death is near, I love the fact that I am holding it's life in my hands, I slowly draw my arrow and calmly shoot it in its head, I can hear its sigh as it falls with a thud and its heart stops beating. I then throw it on to some hot charcoals to cook it with it's skin on and then I am in heaven while I enjoy its charred flesh with some Chianti ! Yum !
    Are you mad?

I wouldn't drink Chianti with venison. You need something that packs more of a punch like a decent Rioja.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    It's a nice world we live in.
    No it's not. It's cruel and unusual.

Just be thankful you have the resources to make the choices you do. Many people the world over would love the lifestyle choices available to you.

Critiquing another culture because it's values don't match yours is a fools errand.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    He's having a self-imposed timeout.
    Probably for the best.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Don't any of you lot care? Can't actually really believe that ALL of you have absolutely no regard for the other organisms with whom we share our planet!
    Get a grip. Sheep, cows, pigs, and suchlike beasts are just machines for turning plant matter into food suitable for humans: steaks, chops, spare ribs, and so forth. (Not forgetting dripping to make the chips taste of something.)

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Speaking of.... where is he?
    He's having a self-imposed timeout.

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Of course we care, primarily as eating meat from an animal that was in distress at the time of killing will taint the meat with adrenaline and make it taste like rough old boots.
    Unless you're a chinaman because they believe the presence of adrenaline in meat (dog meat) increases their virility hence they are given a perticularly unpleasant death to boost said levels. It's a nice world we live in.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Don't any of you lot care? Can't actually really believe that ALL of you have absolutely no regard for the other organisms with whom we share our planet!

I like to shoot a deer with my crossbow and I love it when it is looking at me and it knows it's death is near, I love the fact that I am holding it's life in my hands, I slowly draw my arrow and calmly shoot it in its head, I can hear its sigh as it falls with a thud and its heart stops beating. I then throw it on to some hot charcoals to cook it with it's skin on and then I am in heaven while I enjoy its charred flesh with some Chianti ! Yum !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X