• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dont let the missus drive your car!"

Collapse

• stingman123
    replied
    Look upon this as one of life's great lessons learnt and move on.

As stated previously, get new wheels, £400 each? You're a contractor FFS!
    Get impressive bouquet of flowers and follow up with an expensive meal.
    If you get a shag out of it, job done and all is forgiven....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I've heard rumours there's one or two female moderators on this very site!
    You will have the trade descriptions people after you if you are not careful!!!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You don't expect to have to make your own tea, do you?
    The Daleks now do this

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Interesting range of views.
    Yes of course a car doesn’t matter in the great scheme of things, as my dad said when I totalled his Granada – ‘fortunately, it’s nothing that money can’t fix’. Which was saying something as he hated spending any !
    However, I have always taken great care of new things I get and this goes double for nice cars I have been fortunate enough to own. I also expect others to respect that too. Having said that – you are complicit in what happened for the following reasons:
    - You let her drive, clearly she isn’t used to this car (presume she has a small car normally) or driving an auto.
    – You took her along a countryside route which was always going to be more challenging than a normal road. – You MUST have known how poor her driving skill was after being with her this long.
    BUT – most of all, you put her totally on edge after over-reacting to the first problem. From that point she was expecting you to correct every mistake and passed that responsibility to you (same as to a driving instructor).
    Trips in that car will be tainted by this experience, until such time as you can laugh about it. Cough up for wheels and flowers and apologise.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I heard 1.5 !

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Whatever next??? Women in the workplace.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I've just heard that women can vote now as well!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

I've just heard that women can vote now as well!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    If you let her drive the car, and you're that fussed about it getting damaged, then it's your fault.
    WHS

Why did you let her drive it???

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Bolshie, new alloys are cheaper than a divorce.

As you'll probably find out.

Btw, if you do get divorced be sure to remember the alloy wheels incident, she will and her brief will use it as evidence of your instability and aggression.

So, suggested shopping list, new alloys and a big bunch of flowers for Mrs BB.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Being miffed won’t bring back your wheels. Buy her some flowers and say sorry that you got angry with her. It will make her feel better and you will probably get a BJ out of the deal.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Where's there's a matrimonial lawyer, there's a way.
    That reminds me of Intolerable Cruelty

"Let N.O.M.A.N. Put Asunder"

(N.O.M.A.N. standing for National Organization of Matrimonial Attorneys Nationwide, or some such.)

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Writing off your car is grounds for dumping a girlfriend, but I wouldn't put it up there in reasons for divorce.
    Where's there's a matrimonial lawyer, there's a way.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Does wrecking the alloys count as "unreasonable behaviour" in divorce proceedings?

You need to sort your priorities out!
    Writing off your car is grounds for dumping a girlfriend, but I wouldn't put it up there in reasons for divorce.

unless it was deliberate

Leave a comment:

Working...
X