• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Animated adverts on CUK forum..."

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Quiet office today. Nobody looking over my shoulder. Expect lots of ignore list alerts later!
    Will do!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Morning MF! Have a , you feeling better today?
    Quiet office today. Nobody looking over my shoulder. Expect lots of drivel later!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Psshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :
    Morning MF! Have a , you feeling better today?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Psshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    <Bump>

That football is still pissing me off!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    We could always burn him too! Along with dang65...
    Admin. I have noticed a very similar posting pattern like AOTN/North25/HueHull/AndyW from a small lo-profile poster known as Churchill(sic).

Not really noticed him before, but to be on the safe side I'd ban him too and possibly nuke the entire site from orbit just to make sure.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Me too.

The headache is beginning to fade...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I've installed that now. Ahhhh, all is peace.
    "Thank you for advertising with CUK. We are happy to report that, as a result of your campaign, >95% of our visitors are now using ad-blocking software."

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Good work Churchill, you probably saved AussieLong from being burned. Tsk, I mean banned.
    We could always burn him too! Along with dang65...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I use firefox and a plugin called flashblock which blocks all flash. I can then choose which flash to turn on ( like youtube video etc).

I rarely see any of the really weird ads anymore. MSN was a major offender. The ads on MSN used to be sometimes about some cow running all over the screen or pigs flying. Very annoying. If I come to know the designer who created them I will bitch slap them twice.
    I've installed that now. Ahhhh, all is peace.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Even in IE, you can add pages like http://view.atdmt.com/9QP/iview/1697...rect/01?click= to your block list can't you? Or just http://view.atdmt.com come to that.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Sorry for slandering the good name of AussieLong, I meant aussiedevil, thanks for spotting
    Good work Churchill, you probably saved AussieLong from being burned. Tsk, I mean banned.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Opera is your friend:

Right click page
    Left click 'Block content' on menu
    Select Ads you wish to block
    Click 'Done' at top of page

Sorted.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I've just found that if I context-click on one of those ads (that's usually right-click) I can use the Flash context menu to stop it playing

Of course having to do that twice on every page isn't really a solution, but at least it prevents them hogging the CPU while I'm writing a post.

Incidentally, the fact that they're hogging the CPU so much suggests that they've been very badly written in the first place. A lot of Flash developers aren't very good; in particular, they find the concept of asynchronous event-driven code too confusing (despite Flash being built around the concept), so they busy-wait instead. I suspect that's happening with these particular ads.

Leave a comment:

• rhubarb
    replied
    ...are doing my crust in!
    The thing that annoys me is, when it first appears, it looks exactly the same colour and style as the facebook chat window. So I'm always drawn to look at it as I think someone is sending me a message!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X