• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New Dr Who

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Dr Who"

Collapse

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Not a fan at all, but was persuaded to sit around with my 5 and 6 year old nephews to watch it the other night.

If I had seen that snakey thing when I was their age , I would have shat myself. And the vampire girlies in the trailer.

How things have changed.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    BBC can't be commercial, IIRC, but BBC World (or whatever it is called now), can. And they do all the selling and making huge profits.

Re: plot holes. It's Dr Who. If it doesn't have holes you can walk through, it wouldn't be so much fun.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Lots of merchandise too, though I'm not sure who owns that. Does the Doctor Who entire brand belong to the BBC, or are they not allowed to do this kind of thing?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Dr Who is a big money earner for the BBC. It shown in load of countries. It's on BBC America with only a two week delay.

I think it has surprised the BBC just how successful it has been.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    The whole look and feel of the episode was a little less amateurish than the previous series.

Has the beeb perhaps put a bit more of the licence payers money into the dw budget?

Or maybe they have a bit more cash now that wossy is leaving.
    Last edited by norrahe; 5 April 2010, 19:16. Reason: speeeling and grammmmer

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I too, was not enamored by the title sequence & music, someone online has likened it to the gavison commercial......
    But the rest made up for it

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    He was a bit confused still But still able to write a virus that changed the time on non-digital clocks, so I wouldn't look too hard for plot issues if you want to enjoy the show
    There was a touch of Independence Day about that bit ...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    He was a bit confused still But still able to write a virus that changed the time on non-digital clocks, so I wouldn't look too hard for plot issues if you want to enjoy the show

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Summoning the aliens back to earth to give them a threatening warning is just the start.
    Bit of a hole in the plot that. Why didn't he just phone them up right from the off, snitch up where the missing alien was and then tell them to 'do one'?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    The mans head is too big!!!
    He is an alien

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    The mans head is too big!!!

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    I haven't seen it since that bloke off Vision On did it.
    Was Wilf Lunn a previous Doctor? That would have been brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    I haven't seen it since that bloke off Vision On did it. Is the Master still in it? Didn't the guy who played the original die in a car crash or something?

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Shame about the new theme music. It was excellent in the last series and is carp now.
    WHS - didn't like the new tune.

Mind you, I watched the start of "Time and the Rani" and the credits and special effects seem to have improved somewhat since then

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Enjoyed it a lot.

From what I've read, this new Matt Smith incarnation is going to be more proactive as a Doctor.

Summoning the aliens back to earth to give them a threatening warning is just the start.

Notice the use of a gun in the "to come" montage ?

This Doctor is going to kick ass. No more Mr Nice Guy....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X