• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hair found in takeaway curry"

Collapse

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    Do I get my brown wings if I go "down that path"?
    Now there's an expression i've not heard in a fair while!

Many moons ago we used to work with a lad who hadn't ever earned his wings. This was for some reason a big annoyance to him that his current good lady wouldn't oblige and he'd admitted this once in the pub so we used to occasionally reel off a Star Wars style role call:

"Wing Commander Jones standing by"
    "Wing Commander Smith standing by"
    "Wing Commander Durbs standing by"
    etc
    "Cadet Parker......?"

He would normally reply to his call with "**** off you big bunch of c *nts"

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Thanks for recipe Coco. I bet you and the wife love nothing more than dipping your crusty naan into a bowl of steaming hot jalfrezi nectar.
    Do I get my brown wings if I go "down that path"?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Oh no - I'm about to order one as well..

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Careful what you allege. The at the end was to show that I was having a joke at SY's expense.
    Use words if you want to be understood then!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Hair is nothing. I found a deep-fried cockroach once...
    My mum found one in her coffee after eating a three course meal. Cue the sudden departure of said three course meal

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I only ever ordered take away curry once and never again. Just by smelling the curry I could figure out that the ingredients have been sloshing around for days on end. Quite what goes on in these take away shops I do not know but I can tell ya they do not throw away stuff past the end date.

Make your own curry, its not that difficult and time consuming. Its not so bad finding a curry of your missus in your curry, but to find the curry of a stranger who hasnt washed for days is something else
    Thanks for recipe Coco. I bet you and the wife love nothing more than dipping your crusty naan into a bowl of steaming hot jalfrezi nectar.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Cyberman Alert - or just another low-level racist?
    Careful what you allege. The at the end was to show that I was having a joke at SY's expense.

Some people.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    but to find the curry of a stranger who hasnt washed for days is something else
    Cyberman Alert - or just another low-level racist?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I only ever ordered take away curry once and never again. Just by smelling the curry I could figure out that the ingredients have been sloshing around for days on end. Quite what goes on in these take away shops I do not know but I can tell ya they do not throw away stuff past the end date.

Make your own curry, its not that difficult and time consuming. Its not so bad finding a curry of your missus in your curry, but to find the curry of a stranger who hasnt washed for days is something else

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    I always liked the term arse spider. Anal hair as the legs, partially decomposed toilet paper as the body. I'd be slightly disturbed if I found one of those in my curry.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Was it rabbit curry?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Well that's nothing. I've actually ordered deep fried cockroaches in Thailand as well as meal worms. Quite nice actually

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I never know why people get so freaked by this. A hair is fairly innocuous really, as long as it's a cranial hair.
    ahem

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Exact same thing happened to me last year - phone up and complained - got a free take away of my choice next time round for myself and Mrs K78.

Now that got me thinking...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X