• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This kidnap in India..."

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Bit cynical that.

No, very cynical in fact.
    I think you may have said the same about....

Girl abducted in Batley. Mother guilty
    Man stabbed in Midlands by 'mugger'. Girlfriend guilty
    Boy flies away in weather ballon. Staged by parents..

Unfortuantely it happens.....

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    100k isn't that much, especially if you're putting it out to the family. One thing Asians do very well, and half the reason they have so many corner shops is they're tight family units, and very good at pooling their money to help each other out.
    WHS

£100k cash wouldn't be that difficult to get hold of. These are people who generally buy houses with cash which the entire extended family has helped out with

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    £100K came from her Majesty, read the post from NAT.
    I sincerely hope not. While, as a parent, I am very happy for the family that the young boy has been returned safe, I would not like to think that HMG paid this ransom, yet refuses to pay the ransom for the couple being held captive in Somalia.

On a side note, todays article in the torygraph mentions how the dad paid the ransom of £110,000 under police surveillance, the police identified, followed and arrested the suspects, yet they only recovered £105,000...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    How would that be connected to the release of the kid?

Also, where did the £100k come from? They live in "Shaw", not "that London"!
    100k isn't that much, especially if you're putting it out to the family. One thing Asians do very well, and half the reason they have so many corner shops is they're tight family units, and very good at pooling their money to help each other out.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied

Not connected in any way, but possibly a coincidence.

£100K came from her Majesty, read the post from NAT.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    The last quote of some miscreants trying to cash in sounds plausible.

What surprises me is, Pakistani militants asking for ransom money. Its too tame. They always ask for some militant jailed for 20 years to be released.
    Really?

How do you know they always ask for that? Not like we get a tonne of reports on kidnapping on Pakistan, who's to say it's not common to ask for money?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

What surprises me is, Pakistani militants asking for ransom money. Its too tame. They always ask for some militant jailed for 20 years to be released.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Looks to me like it could have been a sting operation. I.e. the money was given by the govt, in order to catch the criminals. It's possible that the European arrests were of people who weren't involved in the kidnap, but were attempting to cash in on it.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Looks to me like it could have been a sting operation. I.e. the money was given by the govt, in order to catch the criminals. It's possible that the European arrests were of people who weren't involved in the kidnap, but were attempting to cash in on it.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Latest ... when hubby went missing his wife made a plea on telly, 'Please ,please come home, for the sake of the family. And if he doesnt come home, can anybody cover his night shift on Saturday.....'

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    It seems that the boys father went to paris to pay the ransom

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8572441.stm

Hardly likely he masterminded it... unless of course he was thinking he could get the money back from the UK or Pakistan governments but that would be a huge gamble

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Lummy, the plot thickens.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    surely not

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Jesus Christ Churchy. You need to 'game up' in this intellectual environment or people will start to notice you do not have tertiary education.
    I apologised, what's your problem bitch?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Agreed. Pakistan. Sorry.

Why that family?
    Jesus Christ Churchy. You need to 'game up' in this intellectual environment or people will start to notice you do not have tertiary education.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X