• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What industry do you work in?"

Collapse

• Halcyon
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    And Defence.
    And Law

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    You've missed out meeeediaaaaaa.
    And Defence.

Also, what the f**k do you mean by "Software" as an industry?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    It is a very bad poll.

However, it would be nice if someone redesigned it with better options. I would be interested in the results.
    Lets wait a few weeks and then do a proper CUK Survey. Age/Industry/Hourly Rate/Years as a contractor.

I'd be quite interested to be honest. But we probably need a good sample 100-200+ to get good statistics.

Lets try and put a proper survey together for next month?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    It is a very bad poll.

However, it would be nice if someone redesigned it with better options. I would be interested in the results.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    No Defence or Public Sector options...
    Public doesnt count as a career it's more of a vocation. Cough.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    No Defence or Public Sector options...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Bloody new it. Telecommunications and Banking!

and I'm stuck in Insurance at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    lol reminds me of that summary of the difference between process and discrete manufacturing. when things break down in process they go splat and when they go wrong in discrete they go crash. or something.
    Along the lines of when things go wrong in process you need a mop but with discrete you need a dustpan and brush.

Leave a comment:

• CalmEddie
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    You know you can consult across different verticals don't you?
    Can you tell the agents this? They seem to thing that candidates should not stray into other verticals.

I've been in automotive the last 6 years. Trying to get into banking but nobugger will let me. I have a good mate who's a PM in banking, and swapping war stories, automotive is a much harder gig.

But no. "Must have experience of banking".

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Also on the list of missing, but important, categories: mining, farming and fishing, transport and distribution, construction, leisure and hospitality.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    The one industry that no one else in this country seems to work in:

Engineering

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    My clients generally make things.

Sometimes it's big expensive things that people use to tell the world they've made it big. Sometimes it's little things that are only used once a year but give people pleasure.....
    lol reminds me of that summary of the difference between process and discrete manufacturing. when things break down in process they go splat and when they go wrong in discrete they go crash. or something.

Leave a comment:

• KpMrJ
    replied
    Telco, and currently got more on than ever.........

And having had a 'chat' with the Chinese last Friday, its looking quite possible I'll be back out in Netherlands for the remainder of the year and aiding in the launching there offensive towards the UK too.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Where is the Public Sector option?

Some of us still bill great rates in secure industries for doing nothing.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    Retail, automotive and finance??? (Tesco Delivery Van Driver????)
    Cheeky begger.

Pharma, Drink, Software

Leave a comment:

Working...
X