• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What industry do you work in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My clients generally make things.

Sometimes it's big expensive things that people use to tell the world they've made it big. Sometimes it's little things that are only used once a year but give people pleasure.

Current one makes things out of that black stuff people go to war over.

I haven't done the things people smoke yet though.

I once did things for people that use clams in a thing for other people to drink

I like .net.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
      is there a definitive listing of industries?
      There are different categorizations. I just used the ones of the BBC website for shares.

A standard is to use sic code standardisation from something like D&B.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You know you can consult across different verticals don't you?

Crap poll...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Should have picked benched, ooops.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

If I work in Banking Software, what do I tick?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

What about financial information or speckulators? Can't really call that banking.

Also on the list of missing, but important, categories: mining, farming and fishing, transport and distribution, construction, leisure and hospitality.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                What about financial information or speckulators? Can't really call that banking.

Also on the list of missing, but important, categories: mining, farming and fishing, transport and distribution, construction, leisure and hospitality.
                Maybe 'other' would cover it!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                  You know you can consult across different verticals don't you?
                  I had 6 contracts so far in the following:
                  1. software
                  2. (1 week contract for a private healthcare company)
                  3. manufacture, retail and distribution
                  4. publishing
                  5. Public sector information company (private sector company)
                  6. healthcare (private)

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  And publishing!
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

And public sector. Though that would have required a multiple choice poll.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                      Retail, automotive and finance??? (Tesco Delivery Van Driver????)
                      Cheeky begger.

Pharma, Drink, Software
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X