• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Chucking it down with snow!"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Personally I am ******* fed up with it. Its ******* cold, its ******* slippery and it makes me ******* late to work which means my ******* invoices aren't as high as I would like them. Snow can ******* far cough
    Flakiest post in CUK history.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Personally I am ******* fed up with it. Its ******* cold, its ******* slippery and it makes me ******* late to work which means my ******* invoices aren't as high as I would like them. Snow can ******* far cough

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    WTF

10 mins ago I looked out the window and thought, "Ah, 5:10 and there is still a bit of light. Nice"

Eyes down for a bit of reading, looked up and there is a snow blizzard going on.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Every frikkin day this week here in DE.
    Yep, all bloody day here in Münster. The roads are like an ice rink, even with ESP turned off the wheels were spinning. It got a bit warmer at lunch time and the snow on my car started to melt and then froze again leaving a nice layer of ice and then snow to scrape of in a -5 temperature.

Hope it stops tomorrow for the drive home in the evening as the A1 and A45 are chaos in the snow.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    It's arrived - big fluffy flakes, but not sticking yet. It looks quite nice, as the wind is swirling about a bit so it keeps blowing in different directions amongst the branches of the trees outside

Operation Haircut has been cancelled; back to XCode and Interface Builder

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I'd better pop out now before it gets here - although I'm not sure getting a haircut when the temperature is forecast to plummet is such a good idea.
    Are you me?

I need to do this and thought I'd get it done before the snow arrives but think the predicted snow in the SE is a false alarm.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Bright and sunny here on the 'Côte d'Brun'.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Just had a brief snow/hail burst in Leicestershire - only a few flakes in the sky now
    whooooo its proper stuff now

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Just had a brief snow/hail burst in Leicestershire - only a few flakes in the sky now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Snowing briskly west of Lesicester now. Settling as well.

I'd better pop out now before it gets here - although I'm not sure getting a haircut when the temperature is forecast to plummet is such a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    It stopped for about 10 mins but has started again.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Snowing briskly west of Lesicester now. Settling as well.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Bloody sunshine now!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Just went round the corner for a decent coffee; the snow in Amsterdam right now is sort of ‘hailish’. It looks white and fluffy but when the wind blows it in your face it feels like you’re being sandblasted.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Full on snowing here in Swindon now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X