• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "And this is progress"

Collapse

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I wanted to create a little POC (proof of concept) 10 years ago I'd have knocked a POC out in 5 minutes flat with VB6 FFS

And this is progress.
    Stick with VB6.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    That's odd: I just went and downloaded VC++2008 Express and installed it; when I went through the registration process, it didn't say "Thanks, we will email you your details" at all. It said:

Thank you for registering!
    Your e-mail address has been verified and a "thank you" e-mail with links to valuable registration offers and resources has been sent to your inbox.

Completing Registration of your Product
    Your registration key is: 1X5QD6N2M9MSXF

To complete registration of your software:

Step 1. Copy the 14-character registration key from above.
    Step 2. From the Help menu of Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, select "Register Product...."
    Step 3. Paste the registration key into the Product Registration dialog box and click the 'Complete Registration' button.

Could it by any chance be that you didn't actually read what it said?
    Story invented for sympathy.

I sympathize.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Maybe IT isn't for you
    Oh do fark orf. How is this helping.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    It was. I am an idiot.

To be honest I am just sooooooooooooooooo pissed off right now. ALL I WANT TO DO IS A FRAKIN SCREEN GRAB.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggh
    Maybe IT isn't for you

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    That's odd: I just went and downloaded VC++2008 Express and installed it; when I went through the registration process, it didn't say "Thanks, we will email you your details" at all. It said:

Your e-mail address has been verified and a "thank you" e-mail with links to valuable registration offers and resources has been sent to your inbox.

Step 2. From the Help menu of Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, select "Register Product...."
    Step 3. Paste the registration key into the Product Registration dialog box and click the 'Complete Registration' button.

It was. I am an idiot.

To be honest I am just sooooooooooooooooo pissed off right now. ALL I WANT TO DO IS A FRAKIN SCREEN GRAB.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggh

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Downloads VC++ 2008 Express edition.
    Installs it. "You need to register your product"
    Registers it. "Thanks, we will email you your details"

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I've replied to you about VSE registration over in Technical, if you want to have a look.

Doesn't VSE run for 30 days without registration? VSWDE always had that option for me.
    It does. I had a previous install so it seems. I uninstalled and reinstalled. No difference. Over to technical I go. Dum de dum de dum ....

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I though POC meant POS, but more politely.
    you're thinking of HOS

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I've replied to you about VSE registration over in Technical, if you want to have a look.

Doesn't VSE run for 30 days without registration? VSWDE always had that option for me.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    FTFY
    Too far

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    <SY01 Translator>

I'm a drama queen! Look at me!

</SY01 Translator>
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    You guys make me chuckle.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Your PoC for Plan B failed.

Start over.

Find a new reason to load a memory resident bitmap into a GKT_Widget...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    And in English?
    <SY01 Translator>
    I tried to do something for free. It's hard when you don't get any support so I decided to pay for it. Even when I pay for it, support and a working program are not forthcoming.

I am frustrated.
    </SY01 Translator>

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    And in English?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X