• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Money makes you miserable"

Collapse

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I think it's all a sham. He's probably lost it all gambling and/or owes massive debts.
    Or a cult, a friend of mine did something simular after getting involved in this group who claimed she would find inner peace if she un-burdened herself of her money.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Loving the GoogleAds on the page.

"How I Made £48,211,864
    In 2 Years- And You Can Too" Free Preview- Works in the UK!

Make-a-Ton-of-Money.c0m/GreatBritan

Asian Millionaire™ age 37
    Buy houses with no deposit and get cash back. Then earn £400 per month
    w ww.ahuja.c0.uk/Make-Money-Property

Meet Millionaire Women
    Sexy Millionaire Women For Dating! Exclusive Elite Photo Personals.

EliteMeeting.c0m
    Only one missing is how to win the lottery.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Such overgeneralisation can be symptomatic of Cognitive Distortions Depression.

Or cretinism, pure and simple.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I suggest increasing the crustacean's medication, even though it's clearly at extremely high levels already.
    Aye, it's a sad day for Policing, and the met in particular. I feel sorry for the web developer as well

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    As usual, DP fails to grasp a simple news story; consequently, "Money makes one named individual miserable" becomes "Money makes you miserable."

Such overgeneralisation can be symptomatic of Cognitive Distortions Depression. I suggest increasing the crustacean's medication, even though it's clearly at extremely high levels already.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    It all comes back to hobbies......

Now instead of giving it away he could have :

Built a recording studio into his villa.

Bought Brian Setzer's guitar.

installed a Marshall stack with 24 inch speakers

bought Jimi Jendrix's guitar.

hired Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr to back his band in the local pub.

no 3 million just aint enough...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    There was this old guy , right. And he was making soup by the side of the road, on a nice warm summers day. Enjoying the sun, the birds singing in the trees.

A young fellow came along the dusty road and stopped for a chat.

'Hey old man, I am off to that city yonder, whats it like ?'
    'Well what was the place like where you just came from ?'
    'Oh it was fantastic, the people were friendly and generous, I would love to go back one day'
    'Well, young man, this is your lucky day. In the city yonder the people are the friendliest in the world and generous and kind. You will love it'

Half an hour later a second young fellow came along the dusty road and stopped for a chat.

'Hey old man, I am off to that city yonder, whats it like ?'
    'Well what was the place like where you just came from ?'
    'Oh it was horrible, the people were unfriendly and all thieves, I will never go back there'
    'Well, young man, this is your unlucky day. In the city yonder the people are unfriendly and nasty. You will hate it'

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    I think you're right about the people. I have heard that you can tell what kind of person you are and what kind of life you have by looking at the six people you spend most time with.

Oh flip, am I really on CUK?

Well there's me, myself and I, my wife and daughter then there's the bank manager I went to see yesterday because their 'near limit overdraft alarm' must have gone off, I only went to get some professional interaction.

My next bit of excitement will be finding out what happens next month when no bills get paid.

It looks as though I'll be very happy soon.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I'm okay with lots of money...its the materialism that can really make you unhappy.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    If he is unhappy being rich then he is definitely going to be unhappy being poor.

As they saying goes, "You can't buy happiness, but you can sure take a long lease on it"

Leave a comment:

• BoltonLad
    replied
    He learnt how to make money. But failed to learn how to live a meaningful life.

When there is no need of money and earned enough, still have plenty of time,he should have spent atleast 3 months in a year with underprivileged kids
    (for ex...orphanage) without disclosing his identity.Caring for them...spend time with old age people who found none to talk to...or a full time charity worker...
    If you are looking for a service you would get professional service attached with ...whatever mentioned. nice..act.....If you are servicing for others keeping all the egos out...there is a life which is soul searching meaningful life...

Need of the hour...for us ...financial security with limited time for charity...
    Once met...there is a life beyond materialistic things..
    Last edited by BoltonLad; 9 February 2010, 10:33.

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    another one on those lines,

my cousins grandfather gave a nice piece of advice to us all from a young age,

he said.....

never try to change the past

never waste any time trying to think about changing the past and what ifs etc

Milan.
    Unless you're in Government, when you may find it easier to change the past than to change the future.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...miserable.html

Austrian millionaire Karl Rabeder is giving away every penny of his £3 million fortune after realising his riches were making him unhappy.

You must be one of the happiest people in the world, Dim.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    another one on those lines,

my cousins grandfather gave a nice piece of advice to us all from a young age,

he said.....

never try to change the past

never waste any time trying to think about changing the past and what ifs etc

Milan.

I see now where you get your penetrating intellect from.

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    He makes it sound like having a load of money means that you have to live a lavish and materialistic lifestyle.

It might be a bit naive to say this, but what's wrong with just living a 'normal' life and enjoying the security that all the money brings you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X