• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: transvestite wives

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "transvestite wives"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    You tickled me.
    Churchill tickled you?

Better not tell Carling Wotsit

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Or used her makeup...

Anyone seen Xen lately?

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Not in his natural environment...

You tickled me.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Wasn't during an intimate moment in a secluded area of a nightclub, with alcohol in your system and romance on your mind was it?
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I bet it was a right pain in the arse.
    He he.

The assumption that all Transvestites are homosexual or bi-sexual is not correct by the way...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I didn't see the programme so have no idea what angle it took, and maybe it was sensitive and well put together. But you do have to wonder if the programme makers underlying motive was to promote understanding and tolerance, or to parade them for our entertainment - i.e. a modern day freak show.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    To them it is. It may not be the same behaviour as the majority of people but normal is a subjective term. To single out a non-majority, non-mainstream way of life or viewpoint is usually the path of the bully or the ignorant.

I have left this thread continue as I do think it is important to discuss these things. Personally I think calling what someone else considers normal to be freakish shows a sad and blinkered view of the world.

It must be terrifying for people who find themselves feeling "different", knowing the attitudes they will undoubtably face.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    To them it is. It may not be the same behaviour as the majority of people but normal is a subjective term. To single out a non-majority, non-mainstream way of life or viewpoint is usually the path of the bully or the ignorant.

I have left this thread continue as I do think it is important to discuss these things. Personally I think calling what someone else considers normal to be freakish shows a sad and blinkered view of the world.
    I even got the Admin to bite with that one

Ps. Each to his own I say.
    The world would be an extremely boring place if we were all the same.

PPS. I work in Brighton remember. I am beyond shock or amazement at peoples foibles or lifestyles.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    So it's just normal behaviour then?

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Did you actually read the first part of that sentance where I admitted that it was unusual.
    Last edited by centurian; 30 January 2010, 12:27.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    You have the right to free thought and free speech and if you think that such behaviour meets your definition of a 'freak' - then I won't try to convince you otherwise.

However, please don't assume that just because you hold a particular view, then everyone else must automatically hold the same view.

Personally I thought it was a bit unusual, but I simply wouldn't describe them as freaks.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    BTDT&WBFM
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Wasn't during an intimate moment in a secluded area of a nightclub, with alcohol in your system and romance on your mind was it?
    BTDT

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I will admit that I felt more than a little uncomfortable the first time that I met a transvestite.
    I bet it was a right pain in the arse.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    No, we are all watching so we can think 'that guy is a bloody freak'
    You have the right to free thought and free speech and if you think that such behaviour meets your definition of a 'freak' - then I won't try to convince you otherwise.

However, please don't assume that just because you hold a particular view, then everyone else must automatically hold the same view.

Personally I thought it was a bit unusual, but I simply wouldn't describe them as freaks.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Let's not be coy, the TV show is put on as nothing more than a freak show.

The makers know it, the subjects know it and we all know it.

Are we really intersted in Reg telling us his life story while wearing a silk pant suit? No, we are all watching so we can think 'that guy is a bloody freak'

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Fook me.

Has Threaded's time machine gone wrong again and transported us all back to the nineteen seventies?

I will admit that I felt more than a little uncomfortable the first time that I met a transvestite. Playing the incident over in my mind again later I asked myself "exactly what was wrong with that?". I couldn't come up with a single answer so gave myself a and resolved not to be so stupid again in the future.

WHS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X