• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Strange email from unknown agent"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Don't worry, I won't - although the mere mention of them is usually enough to lead some poor innocent sod to Google them
    Usually me - innocent young thing that I am.

Or failing that, CM.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    those [censored, here's a clue, begins with C] still owe me money.

Bloody agency scum.

If anyone knows of any dodgy debt collectors who are not afraid to bend the rules I also have an agency that needs a little 'tickle'. Something a bit more persuasive than a sharply written solicitor's letter.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've never seen it. I Googled it once, but all I could find was pages and pages of videos of peoples' response to the video, not said video itself.

It doesn't exist. I don't want to be proven wrong.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    I've never seen it. I Googled it once, but all I could find was pages and pages of videos of peoples' response to the video, not said video itself.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Hmmm, I should have searched here first. Seems they (Vector) do exist, but not all have a good word for them

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ence-them.html

Still, they probably won't get back to me, so I'm worrying over nothing I suspect.
    those [censored, here's a clue, begins with C] still owe me money.

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Don't worry, I won't - although the mere mention of them is usually enough to lead some poor innocent sod to Google them
    http://xkcd.com/467/

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

I'm still traumatised...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Ah, the temptation to post a tubgirl or goatse link...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Good point - I don't click on links in emails from unknown sources. In fact I don't click on links from a lot of people I do know. Must plead guilty to clicking on links here though, one day a spammer's going to get us..
    Ah, the temptation to post a tubgirl or goatse link...

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Did you use their link to the "genuine looking" website.... or did you find the website independently.......
    Good point - I don't click on links in emails from unknown sources. In fact I don't click on links from a lot of people I do know. Must plead guilty to clicking on links here though, one day a spammer's going to get us..

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    If your CV is already on JobServe etc, it surely doesn't matter? What personal info do you include on your CV? I only ever put my Ltd Co name, and contact details - my address is not on there for example.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Received this, and I sent off my cv (checking first that their website seemed genuine looking)

But I'm worried now. No hint as to whatever the contract work may be, no request for skill set, not even a request for references or wondering "How have you found the market recently?"

Could it just be a identity theft trawl?

I know some will say I should have called the agency, but I always try and avoid this unless I know there's a definite opening, otherwise it becomes a fishing avoidance exercise.
    Well if they were just fishing....... the phrase "Hook, line and sinker" springs to mind......

Did you use their link to the "genuine looking" website.... or did you find the website independently........

If its the former I doubt that the spammer has got hold of your access to your hard drive and all your financial and personal details..........

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Hmmm, I should have searched here first. Seems they (Vector) do exist, but not all have a good word for them

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ence-them.html

Still, they probably won't get back to me, so I'm worrying over nothing I suspect.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    started a topic Strange email from unknown agent

Strange email from unknown agent

Received this, and I sent off my cv (checking first that their website seemed genuine looking)

Please can you send me your latest CV and expected availability date for new contract work.
    But I'm worried now. No hint as to whatever the contract work may be, no request for skill set, not even a request for references or wondering "How have you found the market recently?"

Could it just be a identity theft trawl?

I know some will say I should have called the agency, but I always try and avoid this unless I know there's a definite opening, otherwise it becomes a fishing avoidance exercise.

Working...
X