• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Who is Andy W?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who is Andy W?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    If you look at his posting history you will see he managed over thirty posts of gibberish on the morning that he was banned.
    I think we set a dangerous precedent if we consider banning on the grounds of posting gibberish. CUK would be a ghost town!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Andyw was an annoying irritant that plagued the forum round about the time that I joined.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/members/andyw.html

If you look at his posting history you will see he managed over thirty posts of gibberish on the morning that he was banned.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    For the benefit of us noobies, can someone enlighten us as to who Andy W is/was?
    He's the last option on every poll.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I should like to point out that at no time did AndyW enter me in any fashion.

Honest.

I'm not that sort of lizard.
    made me chuckle, thx !

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    However, times move on, and the only people who still insist on commerating his memory are somewhat akin to"Adults who like to get down with the funky kids and use words like "Pants", and "Wicked" "

It's not funny anymore. Seriously.

It's a tired joke that has gone stale. 3 years ago.
    Possible responses:
    a) well said BGG
    b) Burn him!
    c) Andy........ Nah! I think I am an "a"

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The last post and the response thereto were amusing
    I remember that one and it was a classic response.

To be honest I must have been too busy with other stuff as I don't recall getting wound up by him (selective memory?).

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    I always assumed that it referred to Andy White, the guy who set up the PCG - Professional Contractors Group, with the aim of taking legal action against the government to outlaw IR35 10 years ago or so.
    Didn't know that there was a poster on this site with the name.

Perhaps it is the same guy?
    If so he would have only been 7 when he set up the PCG.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    I always assumed that it referred to Andy White, the guy who set up the PCG - Professional Contractors Group, with the aim of taking legal action against the government to outlaw IR35 10 years ago or so.
    Didn't know that there was a poster on this site with the name.

Perhaps it is the same guy?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Someone who entered the CUK zeitgeist, and was taken on board as a mascot for juvenile postings.

However, times move on, and the only people who still insist on commerating his memory are somewhat akin to"Adults who like to get down with the funky kids and use words like "Pants", and "Wicked" "

Have you tried putting up a poll with no AndyW option? You never hear the end of it!

Sometimes it's easier to go with the flow.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Someone who entered the CUK zeitgeist, and was taken on board as a mascot for juvenile postings.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    More specifically http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-andy-atw.html

Though there are some other threads well worth checking out - alas a couple got destroyed by the mods.....
    The last post and the response thereto were amusing

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    The answer can be found here.
    More specifically http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-andy-atw.html

Though there are some other threads well worth checking out - alas a couple got destroyed by the mods.....

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    The answer can be found here.

Leave a comment:

• Andy\/\/
    replied
    Bring back Andyw.

We want Andyw back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X