• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who is Andy W?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Someone who entered the CUK zeitgeist, and was taken on board as a mascot for juvenile postings.

However, times move on, and the only people who still insist on commerating his memory are somewhat akin to"Adults who like to get down with the funky kids and use words like "Pants", and "Wicked" "

It's not funny anymore. Seriously.

It's a tired joke that has gone stale. 3 years ago.
    Have you tried putting up a poll with no AndyW option? You never hear the end of it!

Sometimes it's easier to go with the flow.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I always assumed that it referred to Andy White, the guy who set up the PCG - Professional Contractors Group, with the aim of taking legal action against the government to outlaw IR35 10 years ago or so.
      Didn't know that there was a poster on this site with the name.

Perhaps it is the same guy?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
        I always assumed that it referred to Andy White, the guy who set up the PCG - Professional Contractors Group, with the aim of taking legal action against the government to outlaw IR35 10 years ago or so.
        Didn't know that there was a poster on this site with the name.

Perhaps it is the same guy?
        If so he would have only been 7 when he set up the PCG.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The last post and the response thereto were amusing
          I remember that one and it was a classic response.

To be honest I must have been too busy with other stuff as I don't recall getting wound up by him (selective memory?).
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            However, times move on, and the only people who still insist on commerating his memory are somewhat akin to"Adults who like to get down with the funky kids and use words like "Pants", and "Wicked" "

It's not funny anymore. Seriously.

It's a tired joke that has gone stale. 3 years ago.
            Possible responses:
            a) well said BGG
            b) Burn him!
            c) Andy........ Nah! I think I am an "a"

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              I should like to point out that at no time did AndyW enter me in any fashion.

Honest.

I'm not that sort of lizard.
              made me chuckle, thx !
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                For the benefit of us noobies, can someone enlighten us as to who Andy W is/was?
                He's the last option on every poll.

HTH
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Andyw was an annoying irritant that plagued the forum round about the time that I joined.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/members/andyw.html

If you look at his posting history you will see he managed over thirty posts of gibberish on the morning that he was banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                    If you look at his posting history you will see he managed over thirty posts of gibberish on the morning that he was banned.
                    I think we set a dangerous precedent if we consider banning on the grounds of posting gibberish. CUK would be a ghost town!!!!!!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X