• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ladies, your advice please"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    FTFY
    Not got one!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I might get sunburn on my willy!
    Sun block FTW & no it's not applied orally

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I might get sunburn on my bald spot!
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Well at our wedding I was wearing a black & red goth gown, fur lined full cloak, new rocks & mini top hat. BGG was wearing silver leather coat, body armour, rubber trousers, new rocks & a forage cap with an aquilla on it.

Needless to say the photos are a bit differant.

All I can say is wear what you want to
    I might get sunburn on my willy!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Well at our wedding I was wearing a black & red goth gown, fur lined full cloak, new rocks & mini top hat. BGG was wearing silver leather coat, body armour, rubber trousers, new rocks & a forage cap with an aquilla on it.

Needless to say the photos are a bit differant.

All I can say is wear what you want to

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    For an alternative "Romantic" music selection you could go for a bit of HIM.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    she still wears black eyeliner, peroxide spikey hair, black leather jackets, 18 hole DMs and skull and crossbones earrings. .
    Reminds me of a viz cartoon.

http://semiskimmed.net/pix/viz_millietant.gif

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    He's right you know... you just have a walk on part in this production... whatever she wants, just do it... your life will be sooooo much easier!!
    I agree...

See what you mean and having had the big white wedding once (which my Da still hasn't quit bitching about) next time, we know we just want a fliping big party and stuff.

But I'm dead old fashioned - I would like to be married before the babies arrive..
    FTFY!

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    You're one of them posh birds aren't you?

Just a guilt ridden Catholic!!
    Convent educated girls are great!

Well - suits me that I only have a forwarding address for him, he can't balls it up for me... takes ages though and to be honest I know a priest who would be happy to give us a blessing (on the sly) so I'm not too fussed. I'd feel happier in myself though, knowing it was all ok...
    I think your Da is hoping he'll turn up...

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    I'm thinking you should have some brocade trousers made, kind of straight leg skinny, buttons on the outside of the bottom of the legs. Wear them with boots and a frilly white shirt. It's a bit goth, a bit bohemian and will compliment Mrs Tester....

I'm rubbish at this linky stuff....

http://www.voguefabricsstore.com/sto...ic-p-4554.html

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Lady Tester can whinge just like any other girl, but I really can’t imagine this. She’s 40 next week, a senior manager in a large healthcare charity, has been asked by the Dutch liberals to stand for election to the town council and she still wears black eyeliner, peroxide spikey hair, black leather jackets, 18 hole DMs and skull and crossbones earrings. She is the most irresponsible looking highly responsible person you could care to meet.
    Can I join her gang?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    bit late for me, I don't have any contact with the ex and he's now remarried, so the paperwork from the high court will have to do ( no matter how much me ma wants an annulment)
    Well - suits me that I only have a forwarding address for him, he can't balls it up for me... takes ages though and to be honest I know a priest who would be happy to give us a blessing (on the sly) so I'm not too fussed. I'd feel happier in myself though, knowing it was all ok...

Henry VIII managed it.
    Hmmmnn but I don't fancy losing me 'ead, ta!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Henry VIII managed it.
    Even after vatican II, it is still a pain in the proverbial

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I know... and I don't mind telling you getting the marriage annulled is a long and painful process - worse than the bloody divorce!!
    Henry VIII managed it.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I know... and I don't mind telling you getting the marriage annulled is a long and painful process - worse than the bloody divorce!!
    bit late for me, I don't have any contact with the ex and he's now remarried, so the paperwork from the high court will have to do ( no matter how much me ma wants an annulment)

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Feeling lazy so cannot be assed to read whole thing so no idea if someone said this before, but if bride is wearing black makes sense for groom to wear white (in your case white tux with "extras")

Nod towards the traditional but with enough "differences" to make it your own

Leave a comment:

Working...
X