• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's -10c here in sunny Manchester"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    They show a three-toed foot about a foot long spaced up to 4 feet apart.
    Tamping Wopple.......undeniably. And by the sounds of things a fairly hungry one. If I were you Xogg I'd leave out a plate of crushed eggshells with Venison relish. They love that, and it will probably save your foliage from taking a pounding.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    That's odd coincidence. Just been taking pictures of strange tracks on my lawn. They show a three-toed foot about a foot long spaced up to 4 feet apart. A snow Kangaoo probably. Yesterday a python went through our front garden.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post

I think Oscar Wilde once said - 'Everybody love to talk about the weather but nobody ever does anything about it.'
    Maybe, but Mark Twain said it first.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    -3 deg outside the office, lovely and toasty warm inside it.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    I think Oscar Wilde once said - 'Everybody love to talk about the weather but nobody ever does anything about it.'

At any rate I could not resist posting this little gem I just read on the Scotsman forums - I have preserved the Upper Case as it somehow adds to the charm of the post.

RIGHT - WE HAVE TOO PROBLEMS

1 TOO MUCH SNOW AND ICE IN UNTREATED ROADS
    2 TOO MANY BONE IDLE LAZY CHANCERS TAKING OUR TAXES VIA THEIR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS.

ONE SOLUTION TO TWO PROBLEMS

GET THE LAZY IDLE BASKETS OUT OF BED, GIVE THEM A SHOVEL AND TELL THEM TO DIG - NO DIG - NO DOLE

THAT SHOULD BE AN ELECTION MOTTO FOR ANY PARTY AND WOOULD BE A VOTE WINNER.

IT COULD ALSO APPLY TO ANY CHANCERS ON COMMUNITY SERVICE, AT LEAST THIS WOULD BENEFI THE COMMUNITY RATHER THAN HAVING THEM SIT IN A NICE WARM SHED HEATED AT OUR EXPENSE DRINKING TEA !! SEEMS THE CAMEROON PARTY CAME UP WITH THAT LASTNIGHT BUT I CAJE UP WITH IT EARLIER SO THE OTHER BUNCH OF CHANCERS HAVE STOLEN MY IDEA - INVOICE IN THE POST TO TORY HQ.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH, WE HAVE ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS, IT IS NOT BRAIN SURGERY SCIENCE TO GET THE FIT UNEMPLOYED OUT OF BED AND MAKE THEM CLEAR PATHS AND ROADS WHERE GRITTERS CANNOT GET TO BUT THAT IS TOO SIMPLE FOR SOME OF OUR POLITICIANS TO THINK ABOUT IN ELECTION YEAR

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    It's warmed up to -8 here, -20? No problem.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Minus 8 here this morning, so a little warmer. Apparently parts of Machester saw -18 last night.

Your tracks in the snow are probably a cat. That depth of snow means they can't tread normally and end up dragging their feet through the snow leaving ruts instead of paw prints. This is based on watching my dogs running about in deep snow yesterday and the trails they left behind
    You are right. The bigger cats are leaving four holes every foot or so, as if a stool has been placed down.
    Next doors kitten is leaving two runnels, its not even trying to leap. Mystery solved

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Its reading -10 on my Maplins weather station, still a long way to go till we get to the -20 expected up in Scotland though.

I found some strange tracks in the snow in the back garden, not cat or bird. They were like two runnels, a couple of inches apart, eight inches deep, as if something had been dragged though the snow.

Minus 8 here this morning, so a little warmer. Apparently parts of Machester saw -18 last night.

Your tracks in the snow are probably a cat. That depth of snow means they can't tread normally and end up dragging their feet through the snow leaving ruts instead of paw prints. This is based on watching my dogs running about in deep snow yesterday and the trails they left behind

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

4x4 vehicles aren't the problem, it's the 4x4 school run mum (and dad) drivers
    Not forgetting that those darned cretinous 4x4 drivers have caused all this bad weather in the first place!!

hth

sasguru

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Yeah big bad nasty 4x4 owners ... I'm hearing about lots of local authorities making appeals for owners of Aygos to come forward to help deliver essential supplies
    All that boot space makes them ideal!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Yeah big bad nasty 4x4 owners ... I'm hearing about lots of local authorities making appeals for owners of Aygos to come forward to help deliver essential supplies

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Eh? We've got a 4x4 and it's not slipped/skidded an inch yet. It's barely noticed the ice and snow. The only danger taking it out has been all the other idiots spinning and sliding about.
    WHS!

4x4 vehicles aren't the problem, it's the 4x4 school run mum (and dad) drivers

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Why do people in 4x4's think they are invulnerable.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Squirrel bobsleigh team.

That's given me a lovely image in my head

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    Engine breaking? I hope not! Engine braking would be better.
    Noted, You Pedant

Leave a comment:

Working...
X