• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rat almost ran up my trouser leg"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Do rat-traps work on squirrels, or do you have to get squirrel traps?
    .177 air rifle is best, the .22 don't penetrate half the time at distance

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Stop picking on my cute fluffy squirrels you barstewards!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Why can't I be overrun with squirrels instead, like AtW?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    One of my cohort got a pregnant rat and it was awful.
    I actually read that as "got a rat pregnant" and was starting a reply before I realised.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Our cat ensures we never have problems with rats. Or squirrels.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Rats are very intelligent creatures.

I once set out some rat poison in a small dish in a cellar. Next day the buggers had covered the poison with a pile of small stones. They did the same the next day FFS.

...And this is before they evolve into Rattus Sapiens (a la Doomwatch).

I finally got rid of them by filling in their runs with broken glass and 'offed' one unlucky one with a mallet.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Put two traps out first thing this morning, with a slice of fruitcake on each, and half an hour later - SNAP!

I rushed out to check. But the cake had gone, with the trap snapped shut, and no sign of a rat!

A short while after that, there was another snapping noise. But again, no sign of the cake or any rat!

WTF is going on? I suppose next I'll have to set up a webcam to see how they are getting away with it!

Or perhaps I'll try several traps close together, like a classic special forces antipersonnel mine pattern - Dodge one, and the crafty sods will hop straight onto the next.
    Everyone knows the most "efficient" way to a foxes to get some men on horseback and some dogs to chase after them. Perhaps they could switch to rats?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Put two traps out first thing this morning, with a slice of fruitcake on each, and half an hour later - SNAP!

I rushed out to check. But the cake had gone, with the trap snapped shut, and no sign of a rat!

A short while after that, there was another snapping noise. But again, no sign of the cake or any rat!

WTF is going on? I suppose next I'll have to set up a webcam to see how they are getting away with it!

Or perhaps I'll try several traps close together, like a classic special forces antipersonnel mine pattern - Dodge one, and the crafty sods will hop straight onto the next.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    And someone always has to bring it back down to gutter level
    Cat

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I knew a woman once, a mouse ran up her leg.

Her pussy ate it
    And someone always has to bring it back down to gutter level

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I knew a woman once, a mouse ran up her leg.

Her pussy ate it

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Obvious joke alert!!!

Was you wearing drainpipes?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    A Level Biology - sometimes it was a rat, sometimes a dogfish.
    In O level Biology we had to dissect a fish, after that I refused to do any more. Watching Timothy running around flicking fish eyes at thegirls was too much. There was a frog and a small mammal - I simply refused.

In O level Physics we had to take in a bull's eyeball and dissect that. I did not take one in (many didn't) and tried to stay but the smell was too much.

In A level Chemistry on compulsory experiment (it went towards your grade) was chopping up fresh liver and dropping it in hydrogen peroxide to watch it fizz. Again, I refused.

One of the many reasons I went into IT.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Pah. Rats can tell the difference even between my trouser leg and a sewer entrance.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    We did various dissections at age 12 and 13. Locust, earthworm, rat and bull's eye. Only the silly shrieking girlies (of either sex) had a problem.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X