• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Monday Morning, 4th January"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Plan B gets some serious attention.

And selected skills learned from Plan B get added to the CV.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Oh the joys of the dark side holiday till the 11th!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    No work for me Monday - its revision day for Tuesday's exam on contract admin

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So Monday is not your sign on day then?
    Mine is a Friday, I last signed on the 10th Dec, was told to come back a few days later but got snowed in so could not make it they said my next sign on date was 15th Jan as they were closed during the holiday period!

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Be careful out there if you're driving to work. It's going to be very very cold tonight.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    What's a "domestic engineer"?
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Cleaner!

I soooooooo miss not having one. I was having one of my 'when I move back abroad' daydreams/planning session the other day and arranging 'maid service' was well up in the important things to arrange ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Suits me.

I'll be up at 6 a.m. making the tea then hitting the job sites getting my CV in first.

That is the number one, first-on-every-list, absolutely guaranteed way to become long term unemployed: daytime TV. There is nothing - nothing - worse you could possibly be doing with your time.
    Why would anyone watch daytime tv anyway?

I think my plan of action will be to update status on linkedin on the 5th (pimps will be too busy catching up on e-mails on the 4th, as most of them have been off since the 18th Dec)

Re-e-mail all my regular pimps and give them a call.

and chase the pimp who's supposed to be rearranging this interview for me.

and chase the irons in fire possibilities that I was contacted direct about.

I'm not going to start panicking for another 6 months. My industry isn't so bad and I have had calls about stuff prior to xmas that is being lined up for the new year with various companies.

I just have to give a few market contacts a nudge.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    It will end in tears
    I'm crying all the way to the bank!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Also, those that do, fortunately for me, have let them out of the kitchen!
    It will end in tears

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Doesn't everyone have a wife /girlfriend?
    Not everyone - I understand.

Also, those that do, fortunately for me, have let them out of the kitchen!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Cleaner!
    Doesn't everyone have a wife /girlfriend?

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied

Cleaner!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Ahhh...

New Yew -

Starting my Exec MBA 'properly' next week (first in University session) - meet the 'Cohort'.

Also, having 10,000 leaflets delivered for my plan 'B' and need to interview some freelance domestic engineers.

It's good to have things under my control rather than the trainee pimps who ring me up.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Ahhh...

New Yew -

Starting my Exec MBA 'properly' next week (first in University session) - meet the 'Cohort'.

Also, having 10,000 leaflets delivered for my plan 'B' and need to interview some freelance domestic engineers.

It's good to have things under my control rather than the trainee pimps who ring me up.

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Cash in The Attic

(only joking)
    Kyle all the way when I'm not working. Car crash telly at its worst (best).

I'll be jumping out of bed like Tigger to get to ClientCo on Mon, beats looking after sprogs while walking round Ikea all day

Leave a comment:

Working...
X