• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monday Morning, 4th January

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    One of the few compensations for being stuck on the bench - not having to get up early that particular Monday.
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Well, while everyone else is getting out of bed at some ungodly hour, we will relish the fact that we can turn over and go back to sleep
    Suits me.

I'll be up at 6 a.m. making the tea then hitting the job sites getting my CV in first.

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    and sit in our bathrobes all day in front of the TV.
    That is the number one, first-on-every-list, absolutely guaranteed way to become long term unemployed: daytime TV. There is nothing - nothing - worse you could possibly be doing with your time.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Cash in The Attic

(only joking)
      Kyle all the way when I'm not working. Car crash telly at its worst (best).

I'll be jumping out of bed like Tigger to get to ClientCo on Mon, beats looking after sprogs while walking round Ikea all day

Comment

Ahhh...

New Yew -

Starting my Exec MBA 'properly' next week (first in University session) - meet the 'Cohort'.

Also, having 10,000 leaflets delivered for my plan 'B' and need to interview some freelance domestic engineers.

It's good to have things under my control rather than the trainee pimps who ring me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
          Ahhh...

New Yew -

Starting my Exec MBA 'properly' next week (first in University session) - meet the 'Cohort'.

Also, having 10,000 leaflets delivered for my plan 'B' and need to interview some freelance domestic engineers.

It's good to have things under my control rather than the trainee pimps who ring me up.
          What's a "domestic engineer"?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            What's a "domestic engineer"?

Cleaner!

Comment

Cleaner!
              Doesn't everyone have a wife /girlfriend?

Comment

Doesn't everyone have a wife /girlfriend?
                Not everyone - I understand.

Also, those that do, fortunately for me, have let them out of the kitchen!

Comment

Also, those that do, fortunately for me, have let them out of the kitchen!
                  It will end in tears

Comment

It will end in tears
                    I'm crying all the way to the bank!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      Suits me.

I'll be up at 6 a.m. making the tea then hitting the job sites getting my CV in first.

That is the number one, first-on-every-list, absolutely guaranteed way to become long term unemployed: daytime TV. There is nothing - nothing - worse you could possibly be doing with your time.
                      Why would anyone watch daytime tv anyway?

I think my plan of action will be to update status on linkedin on the 5th (pimps will be too busy catching up on e-mails on the 4th, as most of them have been off since the 18th Dec)

Re-e-mail all my regular pimps and give them a call.

and chase the pimp who's supposed to be rearranging this interview for me.

and chase the irons in fire possibilities that I was contacted direct about.

I'm not going to start panicking for another 6 months. My industry isn't so bad and I have had calls about stuff prior to xmas that is being lined up for the new year with various companies.

I just have to give a few market contacts a nudge.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X