• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Coffee Making Duties"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    15 person round means that you will go at most once per day

get in early, wait till 2 or 3 other people are in, then offer to make a round

Job sorted for the day

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    I like to get up and walk about so I like making tea. I never make tea for anyone else and my favourite time to make tea is when someone has just boiled the kettle but walked away momentarily.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I have a secretary who brings me my tea and coffee

One of the few benefits of being a permie
    I have a permie to bring mine.

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    Go to charity shopy, buy set of crutches, use at work, job done

Used tis before and got moved to a much nicer desk on the ground floor as well as getting my tea's made for 6 months!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    no, one of the guys in my office did it and I didn't have a problem with it, it's the guys who expect you to make the teas all the time who I had in my office.
    I have a secretary who brings me my tea and coffee

One of the few benefits of being a permie

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    would that not make him a totally unsociable sod?
    no, one of the guys in my office did it and I didn't have a problem with it, it's the guys who expect you to make the teas all the time who I had in my office.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Feeling a bit parched....wurzel.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Take a flask.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Work out how long it takes to make these coffee's, divide it out against your daily rate and think about how much money you are making for every step while you are carrying out you coffee making duties.

The thought of the dollars mounting up while I pass the time stirring 12 cups of coffee make it well worthwhile.

Thats 5 quid for getting to kitchen, another 3 to get cups out, at least 10 for walking very slowly and carefully back..

Sorted....

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    No. Think like a contractor. Spend a few £1000 on a decent coffee machine for your desk.
    Well said that man. The one we shared a decade ago cost 400 quid to repair and we didn't even flinch at the cost, because it produced excellent coffee at a fraction of the price of the vending machines.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Bring one of the servants to work with you.

Sorted.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    wurzel!

Make the coffee you bone idle git

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Buy a £20 kettle to use it in your office.

Sorted.
    They don't allow them in the big places, have an elf and safety bloke at your desk in 30 seconds.

Yes, I am the same, round of 12 in my latest gig so I don't bother drinking tea anymore.

Used to work in a place where you rolled a dice to see who's turn it was and at the end of the month the person who had made the least had to buy everyone lunch at the local cheapo chinese.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Buy a £20 kettle to use it in your office.

Sorted.
    No. Think like a contractor. Spend a few £1000 on a decent coffee machine for your desk.

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    Not at all...hate tea rounds...i want to make a drink when i want...and hate doing loads at once - also no-one makes a cuppa as good as me!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X