• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coffee Making Duties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work out how long it takes to make these coffee's, divide it out against your daily rate and think about how much money you are making for every step while you are carrying out you coffee making duties.

The thought of the dollars mounting up while I pass the time stirring 12 cups of coffee make it well worthwhile.

Thats 5 quid for getting to kitchen, another 3 to get cups out, at least 10 for walking very slowly and carefully back..

Sorted....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Take a flask.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Feeling a bit parched....wurzel.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          would that not make him a totally unsociable sod?
          no, one of the guys in my office did it and I didn't have a problem with it, it's the guys who expect you to make the teas all the time who I had in my office.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            no, one of the guys in my office did it and I didn't have a problem with it, it's the guys who expect you to make the teas all the time who I had in my office.
            I have a secretary who brings me my tea and coffee

One of the few benefits of being a permie
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Go to charity shopy, buy set of crutches, use at work, job done

Used tis before and got moved to a much nicer desk on the ground floor as well as getting my tea's made for 6 months!
              Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                I have a secretary who brings me my tea and coffee

One of the few benefits of being a permie
                I have a permie to bring mine.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I like to get up and walk about so I like making tea. I never make tea for anyone else and my favourite time to make tea is when someone has just boiled the kettle but walked away momentarily.
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

15 person round means that you will go at most once per day

get in early, wait till 2 or 3 other people are in, then offer to make a round

Job sorted for the day
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X