• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Drinks to avoid - advice from the wise"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Paraquat

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Do the Europeans drink like this? Or do they just pretend that they don't?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    WSS - not to mention your throat...it burns nearly as much on the way down as it does when you are puking it back up.
    that means it's the decent stuff, if it doesn't warm all the way down then you've got a bd batch

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB View Post
    I always used to think 151 (bacardi) was the strongest commercially available spirit ayt 75.5 abv. Though the Absinthe at 89.9 is some way ahead. Got introduced to it in new orleans, oddly enough most of the 4 days is still very hazy.
    I remember when on an all-inclusive holiday in Nassau the fat, rude American berated the poor bartender for not putting enough rum in his drink. The bartender then proceeded to fill it to the top with about 10measures of this stuff and, having made such a fuss, this idiot felt he had to drink it. You could see him really struggling and gagging. He got it down but I doubt it stayed down.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    A few folks round here had a night on a "151" rum. Very messy indeed. There was literally blood on the pavement the next morning as one idiot sustained a nasty gash the night before when he collapsed into unconsciousness. How the remainder managed to haul him home I'll never know, they could barely stand.
    I always used to think 151 (bacardi) was the strongest commercially available spirit ayt 75.5 abv. Though the Absinthe at 89.9 is some way ahead. Got introduced to it in new orleans, oddly enough most of the 4 days is still very hazy.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Poteen steer clear if you value your sanity
    WSS - not to mention your throat...it burns nearly as much on the way down as it does when you are puking it back up.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by singhr View Post
    that stuff is lethal. fell in and out of love with that very quickly while skiing in Austria where we had it in hot tea. Brought a load home and it languished at back of cupboard for a few years before I tipped the whole lot into a punch at a party - carnage.
    A few folks round here had a night on a "151" rum. Very messy indeed. There was literally blood on the pavement the next morning as one idiot sustained a nasty gash the night before when he collapsed into unconsciousness. How the remainder managed to haul him home I'll never know, they could barely stand.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Ah, I remember a night from my youth where a group of us decided to have a session on Marstons "Owd Roger". We proudly downed bottles of the stuff, forbidding the bar staff from collecting the empties until we had an impressive collection on the table.

A few days later, when we finally crawled back into the light and compared aftermath stories, it became clear that not a single one had escaped without dramatic and prolonged vomiting, either the same night or next morning.

Barley wine - never ever ever again!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Poteen steer clear if you value your sanity

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Havnt had that in years, was lovely stuff as I recall ( hazily ), tasted like toffee

Was responcible for some very embarrassing photos of a mate who over did it and passed out. Bananas and whipped cream were involved in the subsequent humiliation
    that stuff is lethal. fell in and out of love with that very quickly while skiing in Austria where we had it in hot tea. Brought a load home and it languished at back of cupboard for a few years before I tipped the whole lot into a punch at a party - carnage.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Stroh Rum

http://www.drinkfinder.co.uk/showdetails.asp?id=3692

Every time that's been brought out it has a 50% vom rate from the persons present from one shot, even if they've had nothing else to drink.
    Havnt had that in years, was lovely stuff as I recall ( hazily ), tasted like toffee

Was responcible for some very embarrassing photos of a mate who over did it and passed out. Bananas and whipped cream were involved in the subsequent humiliation

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Stroh Rum

http://www.drinkfinder.co.uk/showdetails.asp?id=3692

Every time that's been brought out it has a 50% vom rate from the persons present from one shot, even if they've had nothing else to drink.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Drink cheap French red wine, the stuff that comes in plastic bottles. Et voilà, purple puke.
    With the added bonus that you never get pissed because it's not physically possible to drink enough of it before you puke anyway.

There is a reason that stuff comes in the same sort of plastic bottles as Meths.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Drink cheap French red wine, the stuff that comes in plastic bottles. Et voilà, purple puke.
    Or get your bird pissed on Cherry B!!! That way when she pukes it looks like she's hemorrhaged!

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Illuminous green puke...

Doesn't matter what I drink - the puke always ends up that colour

Leave a comment:

Working...
X