• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nuisance calls to mobile from 08453007027"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    If you think they're scammers, just give wrong answers to all their security questions. What could be simpler?

The snag is the caller might really be working on behalf of Barclaycard, or whoever, if someone has been fraudulently using a card in your name.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Had a similar thing a few weeks back with Natwest, somebody had changed my Natwest Secure password and made some small purchases on an old debit card although they never showed in my bank account for some reason. Wasn't sure if the number I was given was genuine and lots on the net said it was fraud but a search of the Natwest site found that number.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    I've subscribed to this for about 7 years on my landline but it doesnt always work. I still get cold calls and most of them apologise and end the call when its pointed out. But some claim their call isnt marketing or selling a service so not covered by TPS.

You have to ask for all their details which takes time and then hang up on them before reporting to TPS.
    I just hang up with a "not interested" as soon as I realise it's not friends or family, or a return call I've been waiting for.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    TPS.

I'm surprised you didn't find that from OFCOM, unless you're one of those people who gets confused when a Google search leaves them still having to do a little work themselves... like reading, and following links

EDIT: ah, only two posts - sorry for the snarky tone, and welcome to CUK. But still...
    I've subscribed to this for about 7 years on my landline but it doesnt always work. I still get cold calls and most of them apologise and end the call when its pointed out. But some claim their call isnt marketing or selling a service so not covered by TPS.

You have to ask for all their details which takes time and then hang up on them before reporting to TPS.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Clever Clogs View Post
    My parents were called from 0845 3007027 yesterday and again this evening, they asked for my father by name and also asked to speak to my mother, claiming to be from Barclaycard. Which could lull some people in to believing they are genuine. I was suspicious and told my father to phone the Barclaycard free phone fraud line 0800 318665 to check if these calls were genuine. THEY WERE NOT AND WERE FRAUDULENT. Do not give out any information to these people they are not genuine. Report them as soon as possible.
    If you call Barclays on 0207 116 7488 or 0800 282 390 you find the call is genuine.

Leave a comment:

• configman
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    If they are genuine you should not give them any details other than answers to security questions. They will have all the details they need to deal with their queries.
    If they call you don't even answer security questions unless you are 100% sure they are who they say they are, you could be giving a criminal answers to the security questions they already know will be asked. It is best that you call them on the known number.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    If they are genuine you should not give them any details other than answers to security questions. They will have all the details they need to deal with their queries.

Leave a comment:

• configman
    replied
    Originally posted by YASUKA View Post
    I know for certain that the police will not do anything about this issue as no real crime has been committed.
    Thefts Act 1986 - Obtaining or attempting to obtain services, property, money etc by deception. Even then the police will not be interested but it is a crime.

Most annoying is the fact that all telecoms companies can put a stop to this, they can block known scammers but have pursuaded OFCOM it is not possible probably because they make money from the calls. Strangely enough, when I had similar calls BT said they could not stop them - but then followed up with a extra service separately chargeable that could do it.

Leave a comment:

• Clever Clogs
    replied
    0845 3007027 Frauds do not give any details

My parents were called from 0845 3007027 yesterday and again this evening, they asked for my father by name and also asked to speak to my mother, claiming to be from Barclaycard. Which could lull some people in to believing they are genuine. I was suspicious and told my father to phone the Barclaycard free phone fraud line 0800 318665 to check if these calls were genuine. THEY WERE NOT AND WERE FRAUDULENT. Do not give out any information to these people they are not genuine. Report them as soon as possible.

I am getting 6 to 7 nuisance calls a day and text messages from a company claiming to be Barclaycard. Such a Nuisance to one's life.

I know they are SCAMMERS looking to get me to release some personal information about me, as well as trying to get me to phone a premimum rate number from their txt message.

Txt message as follows:

"Your Barclaycard account is overdue. You are unable to use your card until you make a payment. Call Barclaycard now on 08442412951."

I have spoken to Barclaycard about this and they are not willing to investigate this issue or help out.

I've check OFCOM website to find a solution about this nuisance call. No real help, just to phone 999 or mobile telephone operator vodafone.

I know for certain that the police will not do anything about this issue as no real crime has been committed.

Can't block this call from my mobile phone or assign it to a slient tone. My phone is too old.

Can anyone find out who these jokers (SCAMMERS) are?

My leads from google searching is not leading to any results.

All I know about this company are:

- two telephone numbers are (08453007027) & (08442412951).
    - they have call centre run by rude idiots thinking they work from law abiding company.
    - They claim to be part of Barclaycard.
    - They've picked Barclaycard as a persona because Barclaycard have the biggest share of the UK credit card market.
    - Some post from a google search are not truthful... I know they are corrupting these 'who is phoning me' message boards, with fakes messages stating the above telephone numbers are valid.

My Remedies:

1. DO no not phone them. If they call, waste their time and money, keep them hanging on. Waste their phone bill.
    2. Tell staff that they are working for a bogus company and they will not get paid. They will go bankrupt.
    3. Block their calls with whatever new technology that is out there.
    4. Lie.. Give them fake details.

Guys! If you have any hints, tips or remedies, then please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• YASUKA
    replied
    Yes... The number is Barclaycard and have found the call centre staff very rude to me.

So-how someone has open new a account in my name or some IT bug caused them to open a account I closed with them 12yrs ago...

What utter 'muppets' and time wasters...

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    Guys! If you have any hints, tips or remedies, then please let me know.
    Give them all your credit card details. They wont bother you after that

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    08453007027 seems to be a genuine number for Barclaycard. A number of banks have farmed out their payment collections and debt department to third party companies. This seems to be one of them. The collection staff are paid on commission and they don’t seem to be trained in the basic legalities.

Even banks don’t comply with the law over debt collection so don’t expect a bunch of Muppets to behave any better. Because of the credit crunch banks and other finance companies are considering any minor irregularity even like a one-day late payment as a debt collection case.

If the collection agency is calling three or more times a day; this can be interpreted criminal harassment. If this bothers you write to them and “forbid them to call you by telephone”

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    TPS.

I'm surprised you didn't find that from OFCOM, unless you're one of those people who gets confused when a Google search leaves them still having to do a little work themselves... like reading, and following links

EDIT: ah, only two posts - sorry for the snarky tone, and welcome to CUK. But still...
    TPS no good for this sort of thing - it's not a sales or marketing call. Don't think they cover companies abroad either. It's meant to stop your double glazing salesmen - that's why so many companies now call under the pretence of doing a survey.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    TPS.

If it's a scammer trying to get your credit card details, I'm not convinced that telling them you are on TPS so please stop calling is going to be too much help, though

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I've check OFCOM website to find a solution about this nuisance call. No real help, just to phone 999 or mobile telephone operator vodafone.
    TPS.

Last edited by NickFitz; 9 December 2009, 00:39.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X