• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Winterfest

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Winterfest"

Collapse

• Zippy
    replied
    You're a rotten lot

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Me to. Even get my mini Le Creuset grill pan warming nicely on the server blowing the aroma of my freshly cooked lardons around the place...

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    You don't wave the choccies and nibbles around the office during Ramadan or Lent, do you?
    Errrr....IGMC

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Spot on! It was the same with the Nat West Pigs piggy banks in Birmingham, it was the PC brigade that complained, not the muslims.

This is one of my bugbears I'm afraid. I object to people getting paid good money to lecture us on what should be basic good manners and common sense. You don't wave the choccies and nibbles around the office during Ramadan or Lent, do you? Maybe I'm being a bit naive here but I'd like to think we've all moved on a bit over the last 30 odd years.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    It won't be the local muslims/jews/sikhs/hindus who are complaining - it will be various diversity awareness officers whose jobs depend on someone, somewhere and at sometime, taking offence.
    Spot on! It was the same with the Nat West Pigs piggy banks in Birmingham, it was the PC brigade that complained, not the muslims.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Did the local muslims complain about this being called Xmasfest, or similar, hence the name Winterfest?
    It won't be the local muslims/jews/sikhs/hindus who are complaining - it will be various diversity awareness officers whose jobs depend on someone, somewhere and at sometime, taking offence.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Glad to say that Sussex area is less prone to pointless political correctness than many parts. You can even buy a great range of gollywog gifts at the Battle Museum shop.
    Down here you can even say the word "black" without fear of sharp intakes.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Glad to say that Sussex area is less prone to pointless political correctness than many parts. You can even buy a great range of gollywog gifts at the Battle Museum shop.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    The IRN-BRU carnival. Celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ on the Mega Mix, Move It, Drop Zone.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Don't you just love winterfest?

We have had it here for over a week.

http://www.winterfestglasgow.com/

Mullahs on reindeers and stuff.

Fantastic.
    I wonder if anyone would complain if the council called Ramadan dietfest.
    Did the local muslims complain about this being called Xmasfest, or similar, hence the name Winterfest?

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    I celebrated the end of dietfest with a bacon roll.
    Hotdog.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    It was ede on friday, what did you do to celebrate that?

I celebrated the end of dietfest with a bacon roll.

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    It was ede on friday, what did you do to celebrate that?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    When are they going to give Yule back to us pagans?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X