• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winterfest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Did the local muslims complain about this being called Xmasfest, or similar, hence the name Winterfest?
    It won't be the local muslims/jews/sikhs/hindus who are complaining - it will be various diversity awareness officers whose jobs depend on someone, somewhere and at sometime, taking offence.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      It won't be the local muslims/jews/sikhs/hindus who are complaining - it will be various diversity awareness officers whose jobs depend on someone, somewhere and at sometime, taking offence.
      Spot on! It was the same with the Nat West Pigs piggy banks in Birmingham, it was the PC brigade that complained, not the muslims.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        Spot on! It was the same with the Nat West Pigs piggy banks in Birmingham, it was the PC brigade that complained, not the muslims.

This is one of my bugbears I'm afraid. I object to people getting paid good money to lecture us on what should be basic good manners and common sense. You don't wave the choccies and nibbles around the office during Ramadan or Lent, do you? Maybe I'm being a bit naive here but I'd like to think we've all moved on a bit over the last 30 odd years.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          You don't wave the choccies and nibbles around the office during Ramadan or Lent, do you?
          Errrr....IGMC
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Me to. Even get my mini Le Creuset grill pan warming nicely on the server blowing the aroma of my freshly cooked lardons around the place...
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

You're a rotten lot
              +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
              X