• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Seasonal Affective Disorder"

Collapse

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    A woman in bed is better than a hot-water bottle!
    Hot water bottles dont talk.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I've seriously considered getting one of those box thingies...
    What - a cricket box

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    IDec 21st is my favourite day of the year
    ...absolutely we've got a gig planned on 21st, it's going to be "swell"

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Anyone else getting SAD?
    Nope.

I don't like February though even though it's a short month. It's damn grey and nothing is blooming.

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Anyone else getting SAD?
    I have one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lumie-Bodycl...9883054&sr=8-1

and one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lumie-Bright...9883038&sr=8-2

its like the epiphany at mine with this on, gets me out the door at 5.30am though

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Anyone else getting SAD?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Going South a bit; my Mum and Dad, who've travelled around a bit, said Penang (Malasia) was lovely. Decades ago though, when natives were still running around in the jungle, it's probably all skyscrapers now. Anyone been there?
    I'm tutor for a student from Penang. She says it's bigger than Copenhagen.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    SAD is easily cured by going for a good bicycle ride every day.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Going South a bit; my Mum and Dad, who've travelled around a bit, said Penang (Malasia) was lovely. Decades ago though, when natives were still running around in the jungle, it's probably all skyscrapers now. Anyone been there?
    Last time I was there I was 8 year old (Dad was in the RAF based in Singapore). Went for a trip to Kuala Lumpur. The stink from the open sewer/Klang River made your eyes water and there was a festival with men dressed in bright costumes with needles pushed into one cheek and out the other, or carrying heavy statutes with nails for cushions, or wearing amulets dangling off their nipples.

It was brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Yes, but she does need either to be a salad dodger or top-heavy.

These skinny tarts are all pointy elbows, knees and hips and do nothing to keep you warm and in bed for an hour after the alarm has gone off.

For proper winter luxury you need to go for comfort, not speed.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Phuket, but doing a Similan Islands & Richelieu Rock liveaboard for 6 days.

I've never been away for over 2 weeks before..
    I've not been to Phuket but I'm fairly sure it'll be similar to Samui which is my fave place ever. It's so beautiful - you won't want to come back!!

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    We went to the night market at Mindel beach in Darwin and she spent two quid. She loved it so much we had to go back , then we had to organise a whole trip just so she could go back again. 30 thousand miles including a week driving through the desert so she can spend two quid in the market.
    I will ask her if she fancies Thailand , over a candle lit curry on Saturday night.

Sounds about right - we went to Chatuchak wandered around for hours and I spent about a fiver. Himself wasn't too impressed although he loved Bangkok - I thought he'd hate it. He can't wait to go back

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    EO - it's brilliant - She would love it!! the markets are brilliant, the whole experience is amazing! Ye should def give it a blast!!

We went to the night market at Mindel beach in Darwin and she spent two quid. She loved it so much we had to go back , then we had to organise a whole trip just so she could go back again. 30 thousand miles including a week driving through the desert so she can spend two quid in the market.
    I will ask her if she fancies Thailand , over a candle lit curry on Saturday night.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Phuket, but doing a Similan Islands & Richelieu Rock liveaboard for 6 days.

I've never been away for over 2 weeks before..

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    'fraid I am annoying cheerful all year round, love the autumn and winter - snuggling up in front of the fire, waking up to snow, Christmas etc...

Oh and Norrahe & Zippy, if its any consolation I was a bit sluggish yesterday morning too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X